Notices

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
The only way to remove items from the list (at the moment) is all at once.
Are you running the latest version 0.0.5-2 from extra-testing?
Perhaps you should update and try it again.

You're currently able to delete all items at once and single items, too. Simply select a item from the List at the top and press the trash can Button.

It would be good if there were an obvious scroller in the text-box. It only scrolls with the cursor keys, not a mouse/stylus.
It is going conform with the maemo design guidelines. You don't need the cursor keys (I must admit, I haven't tested it using the cursor keys myself)
As soon as the list is long enought you can always scroll thru the list using a swipe gestue. To select a Item simply tap it.

It is not always intuitive whether the text-box or list has focus. Perhaps highlight list item with a different colour when working text box?
Hmm... there is a cursor as soon as the text-box has the focus. But I'm sure. If you stop using the cursor keys to scroll thru the item list you won't need to see which has the focus. The N900 has anyway no tab button.

I haven't used enough to know if it has any memory leaks or other bugs. I'll report back if I find, otherwise I'll give it my vote once I've used it a bit more. Nice one.
Tanks, and regarding your comment at the Voting Page:
Good little programme (probably not little if you've made it youself).
My applications are always selfmade!
Otherwise I wouldn't publish those. So if everything works don't forget to vote. And if you like my work, don't forget to test the Donate button. It's the best way to motivate me to deliver more.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
This app is AWESOME. I really wanted an app like this as I do a lot of copy/paste on my N900 while posting on forums/blogs etc. Does exactly what I want it to do. Thank you for such a great app!!
Thanks a lot! Don't forget to vote if it works without problems.
I have new features in the pipline. But first I want to promote a stable version to the normal extras repository. And don't forget to test the motivation (donate) button, too.

Testing notes were a bit brief and so not as clear as they could have been...
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Are you running the latest version 0.0.5-2 from extra-testing?
Perhaps you should update and try it again.
Yes, v0.0.5-2, from extras-testing.

You're currently able to delete all items at once and single items, too. Simply select a item from the List at the top and press the trash can Button.
My bad. Obvious really.

It is going conform with the maemo design guidelines. You don't need the cursor keys (I must admit, I haven't tested it using the cursor keys myself)
As soon as the list is long enought you can always scroll thru the list using a swipe gestue. To select a Item simply tap it.
What I meant was a it would be good to have a scroll bar at the side of the text box, not the list, so the text can be browsed without putting the cursor in the textbox and then pressing the down-arrow.

Hmm... there is a cursor as soon as the text-box has the focus. But I'm sure. If you stop using the cursor keys to scroll thru the item list you won't need to see which has the focus. The N900 has anyway no tab button.
Perhaps ctrl+left/right to switch focus, like on a webpage? Just a thought.
As to my comment about colours - I meant something like a ?blue border round the textbox when it has focus and dull the highlight colour in the list; the remove border and revert to bright highlight when list has focus. Again, just a thought.

My applications are always selfmade!
Otherwise I wouldn't publish those. So if everything works don't forget to vote
What I meant was even if a piece of software appears small, I know from peronal experience that it always takes a lot of effort to get off the ground. Good job.
Got my vote.

Last edited by demolition; 2011-05-31 at 14:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Great App, as with most great apps you never knew you really needed it till you start using it more and more.
Have voted accordingly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Don't know whether it's a bug or by design: when removing a copied item from the list, the selected item becomes the item at the top of the list rather than one of the items directly before/after the one removed. Is that the desired functionality? If deleting a load of items, might it be best to keep the select-highlighter close to the item being removed?

I now have this as a desktop shortcut because found myself using it all the time. Surely Clipman is going to be on the "must have" list for everyone! And, just noticed - if you start it and there's something on the clipboard, it puts it on the list. And if you pretend it's not on, one can just copy and paste as usual! Clever!
- it acts like a daemon you can actually control!

Last edited by demolition; 2011-05-31 at 19:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Great App, as with most great apps you never knew you really needed it till you start using it more and more.
Have voted accordingly.
On the voting page, no votes allowed until I register again. I am finding it's asking me to register again... when I registered again and went back to the voting screen, it asked me to enter in my username and passoword... I tried the newly created username and password (didn't work) and then my default Maemo.org username and password (didn't work either)....
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

What I meant was a it would be good to have a scroll bar at the side of the text box, not the list, so the text can be browsed without putting the cursor in the textbox and then pressing the down-arrow.
Aaah! Now I got it...
Hm, yes. You're right. I use anyway the keyboard if I need to select text within this text. But I will try to fix soon. I got it now at my to-do-list.

Perhaps ctrl+left/right to switch focus, like on a webpage? Just a thought.
As to my comment about colours - I meant something like a ?blue border round the textbox when it has focus and dull the highlight colour in the list; the remove border and revert to bright highlight when list has focus. Again, just a thought.
Hmm... there should be a key combination to switch the focus. But CTRL+I doesn't work despite it puts TABs inside the text box... hmm... is there a combination to switch the focus at other applications?
And I have installed the matrix theme at my device. I have a green border around my textbox as soon as it gets the focus. Doesn't you aldready have a blue border there as soon as you tap it?

Don't know whether it's a bug or by design: when removing a copied item from the list, the selected item becomes the item at the top of the list rather than one of the items directly before/after the one removed. Is that the desired functionality? If deleting a load of items, might it be best to keep the select-highlighter close to the item being removed?
Oh, yes. If a item is deleted it simply reloads the list and by default the cursor is at the first item. Will put this on my to-do-list.

I now have this as a desktop shortcut because found myself using it all the time. Surely Clipman is going to be on the "must have" list for everyone! And, just noticed - if you start it and there's something on the clipboard, it puts it on the list. And if you pretend it's not on, one can just copy and paste as usual! Clever!
- it acts like a daemon you can actually control!
Thanks a lot!
I'm using the Quick Launch Plugin to reach fast my ClipMan application. Perhaps you could try it this way, too.

Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Have voted accordingly.
Great feedback! Thanks!
Please remember this application in about 5 weeks. I will participate at the maemo/MeeGo Coding Competition 2011. So a vote there as soon as the voting begins would be nice, too.

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
On the voting page, no votes allowed until I register again. I am finding it's asking me to register again... when I registered again and went back to the voting screen, it asked me to enter in my username and passoword... I tried the newly created username and password (didn't work) and then my default Maemo.org username and password (didn't work either)....
Hm, thats strange. Please ensure you're using a garage.maemo.org account for the voting. It's very confusing... I know. I hope this will get fixed with MeeGo...

Wow! Got a donation this night. Thanks a lot! You know who you are.

Because of that I would like to share a small update about the progress of ClipMan:
I'm currently using my vacation to continue this project. But because of my MeeGo plans it's going very slowly, and I need now to create my own view model because of my last implemented feature. It's currently a pain to get this working and I guess I have to learn some more C++/Qt backgrounds first. But this project will benefit from this learning. I'm sure.

Please don't forget to vote. As soon as I got this stable release into extras I'm able to publish more experimental packages to extra-devel as a preview of further features.