Active Topics

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post

Now, probably the only phone out there with a very strong finish is the HTC One S, which has been prepped with 10,000 volts to strengthen its metal casing, enough that it is the only phone that does not need a wrap or casing.

http://gizmodo.com/5893139/watch-htc...gh-their-phone
its magic!!! its an old process, nothing new, for example same process is used in some higher end citizen watches, and they end up with scratches just fine.

Originally Posted by UCOMM View Post
its magic!!! its an old process, nothing new, for example same process is used in some higher end citizen watches, and they end up with scratches just fine.
[off-topic]
there is a material based on tungsten- and titanium-carbide that offers that feature (scratch proofness).
it comes with the down side that the casings are more prone to splitting if they drop on (or hit violently against) hard surfaces...
[/off-topic]

Last edited by misterc; 2012-03-14 at 22:28. Reason: off-topic...

Originally Posted by specc View Post
Nonsense. "Confirmations" about the housing being covered with some paint or lacquer is indeed false. It is covered with a hardened layer of transparent polycarbonate.

Besides, he might as well hit his phone with a hammer. I am sure that will make some cracks amongst other things. Running over it by a tank will probably also have similar effect. Being made in Finland makes you tough, but not indestructible.

The OP showed pictures of a peeling N9 for no apparent reason, and it was only a couple of weeks old. My N9 is now 5 1/2 months old. No peeling of any kind, and I use it every single day.
My N9 is 5 months old. Not a couple weeks. Keep on trollin'.

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
My N9 is 5 months old. Not a couple weeks. Keep on trollin'.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=13

Yea, keep on trollin' (not two weeks, I was wrong. Within the first week)

Originally Posted by UCOMM View Post
Yeah, have seen it on those watches as well. I guess anything is scratchable, especially in my wife's purse.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=13

Yea, keep on trollin' (not two weeks, I was wrong. Within the first week)
I am the OP, not coomac.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Ok now its starting to piss me off... Had tiny bit chippin on the SIM holder but it has gone up quit a bit to make it look bad but the main thing is it started with one crack between main camera and led but now i noticed that there are three - circling around the main camera and even worst the first crack now has that chipping. Also what I noticed is that on the area where these cracks are, the whole portion looks a bit raised (swollen like) like as if the coat around that area is coming loose due to lack of stickiness...I'm thinking of reporting it to Nokia care but they are bit far from where I live and not sure they willl cover this within the warranty..

1. Youtube videos shared on the sites to be shown in stock browser & played using built-in Youtube player - Vote here
  2. Sliding to answer/reject calls while in locked state lags painfully - Vote here
  3. Availability & Transfers window always open from the bottom of the window despite whichever direction you put them away - Vote here
  4. System wide file manager support - Vote here

Join the Skype video support on N9 petition on twitter here.

The solution is here. Original (hopefully) Nokia N9 housing incl antennas etc.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
So what do we have left now? we argued that Nokia made great hardware - exceptional in fact - the best. Sure Meego/Harmattan/Maemo was "dead" but we had a great piece of hardware that was the envy of the industry.

Someone needs to throw their peeling N9 on ..whats that guys name who talked about the great design and the ethos that Nokia put into their devices...and someone find that youtube video of the stress tests.

All BS.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
So what do we have left now?

All BS.
I disagree. It was all business. Learn from this and we'll have to start seeing companies for what they truly are... P.T. Barnum's selling snake oil to all that are willing to believe it.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: