Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I have the same issue. not with the brodit active mount but with the Nokia Car charger. The n900 is unusable as a media player etc if the charger is plugged in.

I do not have this issue with other devices that are playing music and charging.

I have tried wrapping adding chokes to all the cables but it made little difference. Still unusable whilst charging.

This problem has existed with all the nokia maemo devices since the 770. To fix it you need to install a Ground Loop Isolator in the headphone out cable.

Most Isolators are based on Phono Connectors, but the PAC SNI1/3.5 comes with 3.5mm jack connections.

US Google Product Seach
UK Google Product Search
Ebay US

I haven't tried one with my N900 yet, but I've got a long journey coming up so will be buying one soon.

Last edited by gowen; 2010-04-08 at 10:50.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gowen For This Useful Post:
YAY! My Brodit Active Cradle & Proclip turned up just, think I'll fit them at lunchtime!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Bought a ground loop isolator. Works a treat. However i have read that these can cause a loss of sound quality. To early to tell if this is the case, will do some listening tests tomorrow. Beats the unlistenable fuz and hum.

Originally Posted by HammY View Post
Interesting multi-device card holder:

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/dash-geni...23796.htm#stig

1 x N900 customer's review gave it 5 x stars

For UK: FREE Royal Mail first class delivery (worth £2.50).
Until 11pm on Monday 5th April, use the code MFFREE when checking out and get a £2.50 discount off the total. If you choose to use a signed-for service like Special Delivery, you'll still get £2.50 off that too.

YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxbHSxgt68c

I just got one. I'll let you know what I think after a couple of days.
If I put it in that one, I'll be covering up the Star Trek insignia, and that would totally cancel out all the geek cred I got buying the N900 in the first place!

Not cool!

Nokia Universal Holder CR-114

this is not bad.. google it

I also bought the AIO Premium one shown by falter and I have to say it is top-notch.
Very secure and stable, and full access to the volume and unlock buttons - I've slotted the phone in the other way so the volume button can be accessed. Yes the power and camera buttons are covered but are these needed while driving?
I've used it for maps/music/phone all with bluetooth and no issues. Charger also works fine too.
Thanks for posting the original one guys

brodit stuff is a bit expensive but for me it is worth the money..
Its extremely easy to slide in and out of the cradle, its active and the best part.. You can use the keyboard because you can slide your N900 open..

Very satisfied with it.

Originally Posted by Kevs View Post
I also bought the AIO Premium one shown by falter and I have to say it is top-notch.
Very secure and stable, and full access to the volume and unlock buttons - I've slotted the phone in the other way so the volume button can be accessed. Yes the power and camera buttons are covered but are these needed while driving?
I've used it for maps/music/phone all with bluetooth and no issues. Charger also works fine too.
Thanks for posting the original one guys
My thanks also, have orderd one, looks good for the price, let you all know what I think when it arrives....

Originally Posted by di1in View Post
I've posted a review of a n900 car kit here, its from mobilefun.

You can watch the video of the n900 lookin like a carputer here

How's the N900's weight put stress on that thing? o.O Also how does it hold up in quick turns and what not? I would imagine it would fall out of the car charger lol.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Tags
n900 carkit mount