Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
This has been discussed and submitted to Nokia. WONTFIX for Fremantle.

You can still go to bugzilla and vote, if enough people nudge they'll *maybe) fix it. There are several suggestions, such as don't unlock phone, etc.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
Ok, but ZeeD asking here is really no different to you asking a developer to add extra sound events to the system sounds manager (that it does not handle by default). The only real difference is that you knew how to contact a developer and ZeeD (perhaps) didn't.

Just remember, it takes a lot fewer keystrokes and less effort to say nothing than it does to berate someone on a forum... That's all I'm saying on the matter - I don't want to overrun the thread with things that are not the answer to the original question (any more than has already been done).
Obviously... you didn't even READ my reply.. Either that, or you just didn't comprehend what it said. I was referring to pycage not the OP.

~shaked head and walks away~

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
It was directed at the 3rd guy who made the ignorant statement about how the person(s) who made the ui must have never seen a touch screen in their lives.
I am a programmer. My "ignorant" statement just resembled what I was thinking from a user's point of view. It's dangerous to place these two buttons next to each other, or the end-call and speaker buttons.
It never happened to me that I pressed the wrong button by accident, but still this layout forces me to be more careful than I would like.
When in a hurry or not looking precisely at the screen chances are big that you press the wrong button, or touch it with a part of your finger while trying to press the other button.
IMHO this layout is not right for a touchscreen device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
This has been discussed and submitted to Nokia. WONTFIX for Fremantle.

You can still go to bugzilla and vote, if enough people nudge they'll *maybe) fix it. There are several suggestions, such as don't unlock phone, etc.
Bugzilla Bug 5982 - Phone unlocked when receiving call

I wonder how many votes they need. Maybe we are stepping on someone's toes :P

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
2. Learn how to code and re-write the Call.ui screen(s)
Is reinventing a wheel (total re-write) really more fun than just changing a few lines in actual code?

I don't think the sollutions offered in the brainstorm would fix it properly. A better sollution was put forth in the bug discussion to use a single slider with the starting point being in the middle, swiping left to end and right to accept, this only if the phone is locked. If it isn't then the normal buttons would show.

This, IMO, is how it should be.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Then add said solution to the brainstorm, that's what such a tool is for.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
This problem with accidently answered or rejected calls belongs not only to the phone part of the N900.

Something like this happens also with alarms and alearts from the calendar and other applications.

I created a Brainstorm some Days ago for this annoying problems. It points to all the issues we have when the N900 unlocks itself in the pocket.

Here you can find it: Brainstorm and Talk - Please feel free to vote for it or add your own solutions.

Helmuth, I know about your Brainstorm and have voted on this but as you know Nokia WONTFIX it

I thought may be Nokia will change buttons position at least?
And add this option as a checkbox in, for example,
"Settings -> Phone -> User interface -> Put Reject button on the top in portrait mode during incoming call"
AND/OR
"Settings -> Phone -> User interface -> Split Reject and Answer buttons vertically in portrait mode during incoming call"

IMHO, it's a little bit easy to rearrange Answer and Reject buttons than add swipe options and Nokia will compromise to change UI for incoming call, "split/rearrange buttons".