Hey, well basically im getting my n900 tommorow and am really excited but theres a few problems.

The device came out for nearly a year now and i have been thru this forum but theres such a lack of applications, themes, games etc.

I bought this device over a symbian beacuse symbian you need to hack, sighn etc.

Also that maemo is really powerful and can do alot but i cant find any good apps.

Where will i be able to find more apps, games, themes etc?

i was looking for programs like uTorrent, better music player etc..

phone came out in nov 09

Originally Posted by mrr View Post
HThe device came out for nearly a year now and i have been thru this forum but theres such a lack of applications, themes, games etc.
Why didn't you do a research about what were you going to buy?. Are you talking about the N900? "nearly a year" means 5-6-7 months?

As per your questions, you bought the wrong product. I hope you can still reject the shipping, or cancel it, in order to get your money back.

The Following User Says Thank You to moi For This Useful Post:
its been out like 5 months!
if you didnt like symbian because you didnt like that things needed hacking etc, then sorry to say it, but possibly this aint the phone for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to baron von bubba For This Useful Post:
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Transmission is the torrent client that people use. You should be able to find everything you need. The only issue is that it might not be in the same vein you would expect to see. Such as those apps made specifically for the Iphone like Shazam and others. I just go to the website and use the services I need. I even use Pandora over the FM transmitter to listen to music while I am driving. As far as commercial grade apps being available in abundant numbers you might have to wait for the new MeeGo OS to hit. We are going to be able to use QT which means that since someone made a program for the-ex. newer N930-we will be able to use the program also since it is written in a language that our phones can understand.

I thought for sure I was going to miss all the games I gave up with my iTouch, but I haven't. There is one, Chess with Friends, but I just borrow it from my wife and make a move and give it back every day or so.

The games on this are... different than the iTouch/iPhone. There are certainly less, but what there is is somehow not nearly as hard to cope with as I thought.

i dont mind the hacking its just that my symbian was warrantied and my bad, i thought it came out in august but it was announced then or something, i mean im ready to hack the n900 its got amazing oppurtunitys.
i bought the right product and have been researching, i really like what i see. lol.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
phone came out in nov 09
It's not a phone....

To the OP: I hope you'll enjoy your n900 as much as I do and I hope we won't see you ranting after few days :-)

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
emulation is awesome, corsixth is awesome, quake 3, duke nukem, doom, the games are different...

if you wanted a gaming device, get a PSP....