Posts: 20 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ alor star
maybe i'm too optimistic to think about it. why not we collect our money and pay nokia to make another n900 but with newer hardware like 1Ghz cpu and 1Gb ram? after nokia released n9 i still feel it cannot replace my n900... the physical keyboard.... the user interface..... etc...etc... maybe i'm too old fashion... still wanted to stay with my old gf... heheheh.... but what is the minimum order? do nokia will care? i just love the way pc were sell.. you dont want winblows just install linux... can this will happen to mobile? buy a smartphone and then you choose your favourite os... maemo.. meego... android... ios... wp7... 8... or whatever...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ir.miringila For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
are you ok? Too much wee can kill you, and please stay away from alcohol while posting,

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post:
The "Plan A"-agreement from hell with Microsoft forbids to make any more smartphones with something else than OMG WTF WP, after N9 and N950 which were exceptions because the former Intel-contract.

Really stupid move from Nokia, but in 2010 american large investors (and NSA?) chose Nokia to kill Meego and forced to take Elop as a new CEO instead of Vanjoki.

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Mine is 1ghz and 1gb of ram (swap). The only thing I'm missing is a sexy aluminium case which is being made for us.

The Following User Says Thank You to king Ralphred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
ir.miringila has money to blow

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Vanjoki was a candidate for ceo? If only they picked him!!!!!

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Vanjoki was a candidate for ceo? If only they picked him!!!!!
Vanjoki was asked to plan a new strategy to be presented, speeches and stuff, and he was told he will be a new CEO. Meego was going to be Nokia's main OS for high end phones. A week before the announcement was going to be made, suddenly Vanjoki was told he is not going to be next CEO after all but out of the blue came and was published the name "Elop". Big American institutional share holders had "spoken". Meego, open source (backdoorless) mobile OS had to be killed. Important to some parties.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Vanjoki was asked to plan a new strategy to be presented, speeches and stuff, and he was told he will be a new CEO. Meego was going to be Nokia's main OS for high end phones. A week before the announcement was going to be made, suddenly Vanjoki was told he is not going to be next CEO after all but out of the blue came and was published the name "Elop". Big American institutional share holders had "spoken". Meego, open source (backdoorless) mobile OS had to be killed. Important to some parties.
*sigh* - What were they thinking!!?!! Fools

Forget Nokia.

Hopes on Samsung and Tizen:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/08/t...ch-screen-and/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rJ1y7CpIaVA

Last edited by zimon; 2012-05-08 at 12:01.