Posts: 45 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Krasnodar, Russia
Almost forgot: I think we need a working (up-to-date version) AdBlockPlus.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Adblockplus is very resource-hungry and causes mysterious browser hangs.. Better to use /etc/hosts adblocking

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
/etc/hosts maybe the way to handle the adblocking, but handling the /etc/hosts manually, feels a bit hassle these days. With search I can find a thread about Advoid that automatiacly dowloaded blocklist for /etc/hosts and appended it to the file, but I cant find download for the app and doubt that it is really maintained anymore. Could an automatic script for this be in the needed list, with the addition of switching it moderately easily on and off?

Edit: Found it in the Garage, but I cant seem to install it. Have see what I can do about it.

Last edited by Kossuth; 2014-03-18 at 09:05. Reason: Found the file

The Following User Says Thank You to Kossuth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kossuth View Post
/etc/hosts maybe the way to handle the adblocking, but handling the /etc/hosts manually, feels a bit hassle these days. With search I can find a thread about Advoid that automatiacly dowloaded blocklist for /etc/hosts and appended it to the file, but I cant find download for the app and doubt that it is really maintained anymore. Could an automatic script for this be in the needed list, with the addition of switching it moderately easily on and off?

Edit: Found it in the Garage, but I cant seem to install it. Have see what I can do about it.
It's for Diablo (Maemo 4), so no wonder. This could be reused by the potential developer.
This could be reused too: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=48544
Adding this to the pad.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
panjgoori: apk support could be theoretically feasible, in the way Easy Debian works. liar was trying this on Harmattan, maybe this could be done on Fremantle...
I was trying NITDroid's (15) Dalvik inside chroot environment similar to what thp described here.
The easy-debian chroot idea is not bad!
I've ended up with segmentation fault. I have to analyse strace output and give it second chance

(Maybe create special thread for this one?)

#lexik

Originally Posted by lexik View Post
I was trying NITDroid's (15) Dalvik inside chroot environment similar to what thp described here.
The easy-debian chroot idea is not bad!
I've ended up with segmentation fault. I have to analyse strace output and give it second chance

(Maybe create special thread for this one?)

#lexik
Yes, create a separate thread!

Update: Please add non-optified apps to the list too, because they are sometimes a scourge!

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Update: Please add non-optified apps to the list too, because they are sometimes a scourge!
Could you please remove bash4 from your optify list?

It is not some random tool, but a vital part if you have it as your default shell (like me). That's why it is in /bin, and nothing there is symlinked to a location outside it (not on my device at least).

I don't want bash tucked away on some non-root disk and not being able to get a login shell without e.g. /opt mounted.

And for what, gaining 684 kilobyte? That is neither going to prevent people from abandoning Fremantle nor attract new users. Better focus on the initial goal (and hard part); creating missing apps for that...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
for whoever added FastDosBox and anyone else interested:

Can you give me some suggestions for apps to try with it? If I've got them I'll give it a try to see what the performance is like. At the moment its not that great. I've ported all of the maemo patches from dosbox 0.74 except arm-target at the moment, evaluating what ones are still beneficial.
System Shock (the first one, obviously) would be a great performance test. Like, I guess it will be as slow on FastDosBox as in normal one

BTW, I'm not much surprised, that you see no performance increase. I may be wrong, but all that FastDosBox things sounds like marketing nonsense to me (like 99% of things in Android "ecosystem" of applications), rather than real performance-increasing patches. If it would be so great, upstream would gladly pull changes...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
i'll see if i have it still.

there are quite a few changes compared to our dosbox 0.74 but some of those might just be from upstream git. i'll have a little play around and get back with findings/ source upload.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: