Posts: 178 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mira (Venice) - Italy
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I will ignore all irelevant questions about kernel module bq27x00_battery... Read whole thread...
sorry pali

720p dsp patch is included with v48. What does that patch exactly do and what it doesnt (as i understand its only for 720p video playback for now running dsp at 530MHz). So 530MHz dsp overclock is needed. But cant titans kernel only overclock dsp to 520MHz? If i say lock a frequency:volt, dsp to push dsp to 530 MHz, am i really using dsp at 530MHz? or shouldnt dsp based on the cpu frequency remain at default value?

So i hope you forgive my ignorance on this issue. How can 720p be tested using v48? I tried 950:54, 530 and so far 720p playback was a no go. But it very well be how i tested it. I need to look into it more

EDIT: jakiman has also tried and could not play 720p video

Last edited by niqbal; 2011-07-12 at 13:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
ok.sry..will wait and mind ur language u khankirpola..magir bacha..madarchod...thnx a lot.
lmao :P
so you are asian :P

The Following User Says Thank You to eefo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
720p dsp patch is included with v48. What does that patch exactly do and what it doesnt (as i understand its only for 720p video playback for now running dsp at 530MHz). So 530MHz dsp overclock is needed. But cant titans kernel only overclock dsp to 520MHz? If i say lock a frequency:volt, dsp to push dsp to 530 MHz, am i really using dsp at 530MHz? or shouldnt dsp based on the cpu frequency remain at default value?

So i hope you forgive my ignorance on this issue. How can 720p be tested using v48? I tried 950:54, 530 and so far 720p playback was a no go. But it very well be how i tested it. I need to look into it more

EDIT: jakiman has also tried and could not play 720p video
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=808

The patch is not a magic wand, it just enables newer DSP codecs and userlibs to run. BTW you should be able to watch higher res videos than before because of increased framebuffer memory.

@pali : again please check series file if DSP patch is enabled at all

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eefo View Post
lmao :P
so you are asian :P
ooooppppssssiieeeeee sowieee..it wasnt me..it was my frnd..swwwiieeeee...so wer r u from?:P

ok.sry..will wait and mind ur language u khankirpola..magir bacha..madarchod...thnx a lot.

hahahaaa dedicated to whom?
surely your asian

no one...leave it...were r u guys from?

no one...leave it...were r u guys from?
OMG. Stop spamming this beautiful, productive thread with your mindless clucking.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
OMG. Stop spamming this beautiful, productive thread with your mindless clucking.
Oh the irony

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jigzy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=808

The patch is not a magic wand, it just enables newer DSP codecs and userlibs to run. BTW you should be able to watch higher res videos than before because of increased framebuffer memory.

@pali : again please check series file if DSP patch is enabled at all
You haven't answered my question. How are you certain that dsp is working at 530MHz when titans kernel levels it out at 500 MHz for 900 MHz cpu frequency. Are you sure that by locking it at 530MHz it is actually working at dsp 530MHz or kernel-config show is just lying.

its a NO on both fronts. No .mp4 encoded 720p playback (1280x544) OR (1280x720) and No on being able to view higher resolution videos. I think its best to check if dsp patch is enabled and if it is, what are the grounds to test it best?

dude have some self respect, stop spamming and stop using such abusive language. people like you should be banned and people like you are the reason one has to keep searching through pages for queries/answers

Last edited by niqbal; 2011-07-12 at 16:35.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou