Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by bobsikus View Post
Hi girls !
I have problem, within formatting phone reboots and did not format anything .. After start i don't see "Nokia N900" in File Explorer, but via MC i can reach /home/user/MyDocs (in windows it mounts as "unformatted" (and yes, i have Ext2FSD installed))
Any idea ?

EDIT: OK, I formatted it in Windows (via Partition Manager) to ext3, windows find it, in midnight commander i can find it, but i cannot mount it (it says "invalid argument")
my phone keeps rebooting too. Bleh. I'll do it using usb rather than over ssh

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Using Lantizia's solution I've formatted using ext2 instead of ext3.

Mounting didn't work so I had to modify /usr/sbin/mmc-mount and replace "auto" with "ext2". Then it worked.

Apart from adding a group to your system that has the same ID as "users" on the N900, one should also add an ACL rule saying that all the files created in the ext3 filesystem are created with the "users" group. Otherwise thing quickly become a mess...

Hello. I've tried switching to ext3 with the commands above. Everything seems to work but when i attach n900 to pc to look at MyDocs partition with gparted it says partition type is unknown. Fdisk -l executed through n900 root terminal says the same thing. If there anyone else having the same behaviour?

I also had problems with rebooting during formatting. Restoring default settings in swappolube solved problem.