Posts: 27 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Germany
Hi,
Since the last time i connected my N900 to my PC i got the following Problems: gallery empty, contacts empty, phone is slow, many apps don't start(maxcpu, conky etc), can't change wallpaper, maybe more. Tried this: error fixing in mass store with windows 7, umount /dev/mmcblk0p1 fsck /dev/mmcblk0p1, dmesg says: battery is not calibrated!, fsck.vfat -r /dev/mmcblk0p1. Nothing worked. Someone got an idea? Don't want to flash and loose my new contacts, my last backup is 2 month ago. Help would be very nice, but please understandable for newbies in linux. THX!

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
time to reflash it !

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Gallery being empty may probably be something to do with gst-video-thumbnailerd or trackerd messed up. There could be broken packages and/or simply trackerd is not setup properly.

This will show you a list of installed programs (both hidden and visible). If you look at the very top banner of the output you will see that when any of the first two characters are capitalised, it means there was an issue (hence broken):
Code:
dpkg -l
Also tracker-stats (another terminal program) shows any files that were found via tracker and has been added to the database. Standard maemo programs such as gallery, mediaplayer, etc depends on tracker database.

Code:
tracker-stats
Applications not working could be broken depending on what is broken. It is difficult to know where is broken without attempting to run the program through terminal for instance to see where it would spew out the error.

Battery not calibrated could mean many things. It doesn't help if you don't tell us what sort of setup does your N900 have. The same case goes likewise as above for other programs. Nobody knows your exact setup (both hardware and software) except for you. It would help if you would tell us what you have. What programs are broken, what sort of battery do you have or did you experiment with some software that may have broke the calibration or something.

The bulk of these things does require lots of patience and background knowledge. Otherwise, it can be a long and tedious process in getting the various issues you have sorted out.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Apart from the tracker-process, which you might just forcefully stop, delete and restart later from X-Terminal
Code:
tracker-processes -r
You could give additional output from the X-terminal to evaluate the situation
Code:
df
mount
free