Notices

Hey All !

I stopped using my N800 for the longest time (I know, Blasphemy) because I couldn't get my head around some of the Linux coding etc.

So, to cut a long story short I was installing Talkhouse's Zax player. Its a voice activated Media player. Lots of fun. It also allows for the use of remotes, which is where my N800 comes in.

Im looking to install the Linux version of the players client on to my N800. I have the file, its in a .sh format. Theres also a .bin format too.

Ive searched everywhere for information on how to install this but I cant seem to find anything. Ive tried using the following code in XTerminal.

Code:
cd /media/mmc2/trans
Thats correctly gets me to the folder where the file is.

Then...

Code:
chmod +x zax_unix.sh
./zax_unix.sh
... but I get the following returned...

Code:
-sh: ./zax_unix.sh: Permission denied
it is however in that folder and doesnt err out when I chmod it. The exact same happens when I try to do the .bin file.

If I try...

Code:
sudo ./zax_unix.sh
it asks for a password, which I just hit enter at since I've set no Password and then it jumps back to the prompt and nothing happens.

I really have no idea what I'm doing here, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nick

Originally Posted by theone85ca View Post
Code:
chmod +x zax_unix.sh
./zax_unix.sh
... but I get the following returned...

Code:
-sh: ./zax_unix.sh: Permission denied
The memory card is mounted noexec so you can't execute programs directly off it. Luckily this is a shell script so you could run

Code:
/bin/sh zax_unix.sh
instead. If it needs to run as root see http://wiki.maemo.org/Root_access

Hmm.. that returns the message

'Sorry, but I could not find gunzip in path. Aborting'

That seems wrong, /bin/gunzip is provided by the busybox package so you must have it. Where did you get zax_unix.sh from btw?

http://myzax.talkhouse.com/apps/

Thanks for all your help btw.

Originally Posted by theone85ca View Post
http://myzax.talkhouse.com/apps/
Hm, that's a Java application for "desktop" Linux, it won't work on a tablet :-(

does anyone else know of any programs I could use to 'remote control' a media player from the N800?

Well, you could ssh into your Linux box and use X forwarding...

Code:
ssh -X username@machine
And then launch a player like xmms.... The media player will appear on your tablet, but the sound will come through the PC's speakers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aisu For This Useful Post: