Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, that is useless. Please, do it again with all applications closed, i.e. no imageviewer or Calendar running. Just follow the steps bellow:

1. reboot
2. wait 10 minutes device to settle down.
3. open xterm
4. do sudo gainroot
5. start powertop and immediately lock the device
6. wait about 90 secs.
7. post powertop result here.
Attached both lsmod.log (vi_ asked me for it) and powertop.log, saved after a reboot (i also closed calendar and mediaplayer widget before rebooting)

d!
Attached Files
File Type: txt powertop2.txt (5.2 KB, 95 views)
File Type: txt lsmod.txt (2.6 KB, 87 views)

Actually you want to put the phone in offline mode, shutdown, pull the battery, power up, stay in offline mode.

Wait 4 minutes.

do:

powertop > output; powertop >> output; powertop >> output; powertop >> output

immediately lock teh phone, wait 3.5 minutes then paste contents of file 'output'

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@vi_ - any idea what those sleeps are? Never seen powertop output like that, i.e. with 14 sleep processes running, seems like another "optimization" script

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-02-03 at 09:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Ok, i'm doing what vi_ asked for.

freemangordon, i can assure you that i DON'T have installed any kind of optimization script. Nothing at all.

I have simply reflashed, installed pk49, installed cssu updates, installed rootsh

Then i opened the xterminal and wrote:

sudo gainroot
kernel-config load ulv
kernel-config limits 250 805
kernel-config save 805ulv
kernel-config default 805ulv

This is all

After that i started to install app from repository, nothing special, something like kmplayer, advanced power monitor, advanced interface switcher, dropn900, pyradio, koffice, the usual stuff that i daily use since i bought n900 almost 2 yrs ago

d!

double post, sorry

d!

Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
Ok, i'm doing what vi_ asked for.

freemangordon, i can assure you that i DON'T have installed any kind of optimization script. Nothing at all.

I have simply reflashed, installed pk49, installed cssu updates, installed rootsh

Then i opened the xterminal and wrote:

sudo gainroot
kernel-config load ulv
kernel-config limits 250 805
kernel-config save 805ulv
kernel-config default 805ulv

This is all

After that i started to install app from repository, nothing special, something like kmplayer, advanced power monitor, advanced interface switcher, dropn900, pyradio, koffice, the usual stuff that i daily use since i bought n900 almost 2 yrs ago

d!
Well, your initial statement was that you have a freshly flashed device with only KP49 installed. Now it turns that you actually have a lot of stuff on it besides KP49. And because you are the first one to report battery life got worse by installing KP49, it is obvious that some software installed on your device is incompatible with KP49. Noone is saying that it is your fault, so take it easy. And there were several reports that some of those CPU/memory monitoring tools are causing troubles with KP49.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, your initial statement was that you have a freshly flashed device with only KP49 installed. Now it turns that you actually have a lot of stuff on it besides KP49. And because you are the first one to report battery life got worse by installing KP49, it is obvious that some software installed on your device is incompatible with KP49. Noone is saying that it is your fault, so take it easy. And there were several reports that some of those CPU/memory monitoring tools are causing troubles with KP49.
I'm taking it easy, freemangordon

I think this is useful to find the cause of my problem. I can give you the exact list of the application that i have installed. A lot of stuff, but nothing related to tweaking or modding of the system, just only what that came from this community (like cssu) or general purpose application, like media player, opera, cuteTube-qml and stuff like that

Btw, here is the powertop output

d!
Attached Files
File Type: txt output.txt (17.8 KB, 87 views)

Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
I'm taking it easy, freemangordon
Good to hear, keep it that way

I think this is useful to find the cause of my problem. I can give you the exact list of the application that i have installed. A lot of stuff, but nothing related to tweaking or modding of the system, just only what that came from this community (like cssu) or general purpose application, like media player, opera, cuteTube-qml and stuff like that

Btw, here is the powertop output

d!
Well, someone is running those sleeps like mad, I would recommend to remove advanced power, qcpufreq and all other monitoring tools (including interface swither if installed) and run powertop (as vi_ recommended) again.

In the meantime please post here the output of:

maemo-list-user-packages

thedarkus, You said you've installed some things, then, uninstalled it. Depending, on how good (or bad) postremoval scripts are, it's possible that some crap remains are still on Your device, even though You "formally" uninstaled it.

My suggestion, would be to do full reflash (even eMMC - not related to case, but will give You a "like new" layout), apply things like repartitioning - if You use it, then, install KP, CSSU, rootsh, and nothing more.

Then, and *only* after such step - no other things installed - re-try powertop test as suggested by freemangordon and vi_.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
how bout random reboot while watch some video??, is that only happened to me??

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou