Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Also, pick up some Nintendo DS stylii with that have a clear plastic end, not like the hard ones that first came out for the system.

They work better than the one given with the N800.
Thanks for the tip! Do they actually fit snugly into the device? I'm assuming from the size of the back end that they do not.
http://amzn.com/dp/B000EG8RDC/

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Not those.

They're too small and the end tips are too hard on the touch screen.

These instead with the clear plastic tips.
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Ni...4104330&sr=1-3

And yeah, they wedge in quite nicely in the N800 plus they won't chew up the screen like the one that comes with the tablet.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
OK, gonna use this as an opportunity to push my favorite stylii, which are these cheap, lightweight ones that do NOT fit in the slot but have a pocket clip. They just feel so much better against the screen and in the hand.

The nicest ones for the feel against the screen that I've found is the Papermate PhD pen/pencil/stylus (e.g., here on eBay), but it weighs more than I like.

I haven't tried the Nintendo styli, so I can't compare.

Real quick, is there a way to make is so that Xmms does not have priority over all other screens?

I have Always on top and Show on all desktops unchecked so I'm not sure what else can be done.

I usually play internet radio so it's nice to always see the current song but it would also be nice not to have it constantly on top of the screen as well.

Hey buurmas.

I've got like three extra N800 styli here at home. If you would like one, I can certainly mail it out to you.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Salem, VA
Fellow N800 owners: PDair still stocks a silicone case, 3 colors from which to select. I ordered a black case on April 20th and received it yesterday, two weeks after placing my order.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey buurmas.

I've got like three extra N800 styli here at home. If you would like one, I can certainly mail it out to you.
Thanks a lot -- that's very kind. I have the Nintendo styli headed my way right now, but I'll let you know if I need to take you up on your offer. It is hard to find this stuff these days...

Moja, were you ever able to get the cover art to display in Xmms?

If so, could you post a screenie?

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Catching up ...been awhile. Hi friends of the N800. While my iPhone 3GS dominates the day...there is nothing like the Love I had for my N800...til the pregnant wife swiped it and I had to purchase a second one. lol
In the end it worked out good because we were video calling all over the house and from the horse barn while she was a little confined to bed.
So, the iPhone has grabbed the daily pocket use, but damn I still have this fond spot for my tablet(n800) and its choice screen(bigger, brighter). I see so many still faithfully plugging along and some new efforts have appeared to tweek our units. My unit for some reason can't get recognized and/or reflashed when plugged in (MacOSX 10.5.8) but I may explore options, while the other unit remains fresh new. Maybe time for an SD OS launch. Cheers guys...IonTruO2 staying tuned.

The Following User Says Thank You to iontruo2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by iontruo2 View Post
Catching up ...been awhile. Hi friends of the N800. While my iPhone 3GS dominates the day...there is nothing like the Love I had for my N800...til the pregnant wife swiped it and I had to purchase a second one. lol
In the end it worked out good because we were video calling all over the house and from the horse barn while she was a little confined to bed.
So, the iPhone has grabbed the daily pocket use, but damn I still have this fond spot for my tablet(n800) and its choice screen(bigger, brighter). I see so many still faithfully plugging along and some new efforts have appeared to tweek our units. My unit for some reason can't get recognized and/or reflashed when plugged in (MacOSX 10.5.8) but I may explore options, while the other unit remains fresh new. Maybe time for an SD OS launch. Cheers guys...IonTruO2 staying tuned.
Although I still have my N800, I now mostly use a Dell Streak 5, which has a bright, 5 inch screen and runs android.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33251

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post: