Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by FlashInTheNight86 View Post
bill_klpd, I believe it would be great to have a case capable of taking dual BL4U battery (which is thinner than BL5J, but a little bit longer). I think N900 with mugen cover looks odd and unnatural, but without it battery life is a disaster. We just need a more elegant solution.
What about the BP-4L of the n900?
It is a little thinner than the BL-5J but a lot bigger, but I am sure that with some modifications it could fit and it has 1500mAh

The Following User Says Thank You to bill_klpd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
  • Phone
  • Media player
  • Home file/media/web server
  • Radio repeater
  • Portable computer
  • All the above failing, write your own application
Use my old E7 as a media player these days thanks to the HDMI out

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
I'm trying to get extkbd set up so I can use an old n900 with knackered SIM connector as a computer n my big screen via tv-out and SCART adapter.
Done. I now effectively have a little (easy)Debian box hooked up to my TV, controlled via a BT keyboard with trackpad, which can act (in maemo) as a BBC PVR. This is being posted via chromium in easydebian on said telly...

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
Tell me just one modern phone standing off the crowd like N900 did 4 years ago.

Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
... what stops us from making it look better too?...

...I think that the look of the n900 is a little outdated(it looks more like a -powerful- brick :P)!...

...a new, more attractive case...

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

Last edited by xanderx; 2014-06-16 at 20:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to xanderx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
Tell me just one modern phone standing off the crowd like N900 did 4 years ago.
I can't find one(maybe someone has one who knows), but this is not a reason for not making it look better! In this way it will stay with us for even more time
Giving the n900 a new breath with a new design(like the neo900 project does for hardware upgrade) it will be really awesome and let us keep our n900's for even more time!

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Yep if n900 looks are changed it would be refreshing.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
You must have thought about the universal IR remote control thanks to the software called Pierogi?

My old JVC amplifier has no more remote and volume knob is behaving erratically, potentially damaging the speakers but N900 came to the rescue.

The quick document scanner application "Frontview" is still one of the most user friendly softwares. Thanks to the resistive screen - stylus operation. A guilded paperweight N900 still makes sense
I've got to try the universal IR remote control. Thanks.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
The remotecontrol app is boss! Great for having fun in a public place (eg. snackbar or döner toko or those 'normal' tv's at the trainstation), one of the best for the N900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vincr For This Useful Post:
Ah Ah! I never thought of this!

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
As an aside, using the SDR allows sideband reception, the only way the current free to use amateur communication satellites operate as they have a transponder receiving a slice of UHF bandwith which they send back down on the VHF band.
I do not know of a sub $1k scanner which can do sideband or even AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: