Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Stock device. I flashed it 2 months ago and avoided major tweaking since then.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Version 2.4.4 updated to OpenRepos.

I tried last week to put one last update to Nokia Store that would have informed users about the new location for updates, but I guess it didn't make the approval process before termination.

So here's your notification, use OpenRepos for future updates .

ProfileMatic 2.4.4 changelog:
* Updated translations: German, Italian, Taiwanese
Lo and behold, Nokia Store just updated to 2.4.4. What it has in addition to the OpenRepos version is a notification that future updates are available from OpenRepos.

I have seemingly simple problem - I would like to sync my calendar every morning just before I wake up. My N9 on power saving mode by default, so I have tried to use ProfileMatic:

leave PSM
--> sync calendars
--> return to PSM

I can invoke calendar sync on command line:

dbus-send --session --print-reply --dest=com.meego.msyncd /synchronizer com.meego.msyncd.startSync string:'160967398'

but I have failed to get this working with ProfileMatic. I know that the command should run as root and I have tried to follow the instructions found in the thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=884

but I just cannot get it working. Probably the dbus-send arguments are not parsed correctly.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by klefa; 2014-01-06 at 07:26.

Hi & happy new year

Thanks for your app, it lets me use my n9 like symbian as i can manage apps to be active depending of network. As I have "local only" services at home, like SIP account and mail server (with fetchmail with multiple account in imap idle mode if someone want the script ...)

I can easily turn off SIP account but not mail ...

So, I'd like to know if there's a command "custom action" to turn on/off account/mail schedule ? or change schedule frequency from always up to date to manual ?

I try to find gconftool or dbus-send command but nothing conclusive ...

Thanks a lot,
Emeric.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Poland
Hi. Thanks to ajalkane for great app. I wanted to run command
Code:
amixer cset numid=16 3
to increase call volume of base speaker on every oncoming or outcomig call. Is it possible to add condition "Outgoing/Incoming Call" to ProfileMatic?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Freiburg / Germany
Is there any port to sailfish? It was one of my favorite apps on my old n9.

The Following User Says Thank You to nicetux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by klefa View Post
I have seemingly simple problem - I would like to sync my calendar every morning just before I wake up. My N9 on power saving mode by default, so I have tried to use ProfileMatic:

leave PSM
--> sync calendars
--> return to PSM
Just a guess, perhaps device has not had time to fully exit power saving mode before you try syncing and the sync is not done when in power saving mode? If that is the case you can try to add some delay in the script.

I can invoke calendar sync on command line:

dbus-send --session --print-reply --dest=com.meego.msyncd /synchronizer com.meego.msyncd.startSync string:'160967398'
If it works from command-line it should work from ProfileMatic. But you can also debug your scripts for example by writing the output of that dbus-send command to a file and inspecting what it says.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nemric View Post
So, I'd like to know if there's a command "custom action" to turn on/off account/mail schedule ? or change schedule frequency from always up to date to manual ?
If there is, I don't unfortunately know how to do it. You can try monitoring what DBus messages are being sent when you change those schedules.

Originally Posted by mr666acdc View Post
Hi. Thanks to ajalkane for great app. I wanted to run command
Code:
amixer cset numid=16 3
to increase call volume of base speaker on every oncoming or outcomig call. Is it possible to add condition "Outgoing/Incoming Call" to ProfileMatic?
I'll add that as a feature request.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicetux View Post
Is there any port to sailfish? It was one of my favorite apps on my old n9.
No. When I get a Jolla phone I'll look if it's possible to port. I'm a bit worried that due to Sailfish's "early suspend" it might not work without user going into terminal and hacking away.

Also current Harbour rules would mean very limited set of features, and no background daemon. Of course OpenRepos could be alternative.

But much can change in Sailfish and Harbour between now and when I get the phone, so no use to worry about it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I'm a bit worried that due to Sailfish's "early suspend" it might not work without user going into terminal and hacking away.
Also current Harbour rules would mean very limited set of features, and no background daemon.
But much can change in Sailfish and Harbour between now and when I get the phone, so no use to worry about it.
Instead of assuming much will change, I don't suppose you've raised your concerns here?
https://together.jolla.com/questions
Or Nemo bug-tracker, or both. Just a suggestion, I'm not trying to tell you what to do.

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-01-09 at 07:56. Reason: detail

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: