Active Topics

Originally Posted by teethgrinder View Post
Same here...might try a reflash
So what did Duffer and teethgrinder do if it is not a T-Mobile
problem?
There must be a common root cause.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2011 @ Germany
... brought mine to the service center today ... now counting days ...

I feel so naked without it

Finally got my phone back from car phone warehouse.

They supplied a photo of one of the metal covers having slight corrosion saying that this was cause by either going into a cold to hot environment ( umm i live in scotland....... and we had a -12 degree winter like i can help that)
Using the phone in a damp place or using it in the rain or simply condensation.. UMMM okay.... How lame. Anyway my insurance said they would cover it or replace it completely.

Does anyone know if n900s are still available through insurance?
i know that people on vodaphone had trouble getting a replacement n900. But does that apply to all insurance companies?

If so i guess I will end up with a htc desire z or hd or something.... :¬(

Hi,

Does anyone have a solution?

This started with my phone at the beginning of May 2011.

All the other posts are stating this started about 2 weeks ago.

I wonder if this started for everyone at the same time?

It can't be the carriers fault because we're all on different carriers and I have tried different sim cards in the phone and got the same message. Besides even with no sim in the phone there is still a connection fault resulting in no IMEI.

If i was a conspiracy theorist I would say it's a nokia thing and they have disabled all of our phones remotely somehow which could be why everyone's problems started at the same time. some kind of pre-set expiry date built in at manufacture.

When did your phone start displaying this message?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Melbourne
Originally Posted by markarman View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have a solution?

This started with my phone at the beginning of May 2011.

All the other posts are stating this started about 2 weeks ago.

I wonder if this started for everyone at the same time?

It can't be the carriers fault because we're all on different carriers and I have tried different sim cards in the phone and got the same message. Besides even with no sim in the phone there is still a connection fault resulting in no IMEI.

If i was a conspiracy theorist I would say it's a nokia thing and they have disabled all of our phones remotely somehow which could be why everyone's problems started at the same time. some kind of pre-set expiry date built in at manufacture.

When did your phone start displaying this message?
Well based on what I could read the problem is with the motherboard - most likely the humidity caused the rusting on the pcb.
I could say that is most likely problem with mine as i was carrying mine in pockets while doing sport. So I am left with opening mine again and rechecking the psb under the protective casing.

Good luck to everyone with the same problem.

Strange.
I had this problems a few times (very seldom, like 5-6 times a year), but it always fixed itself after a few minutes or a reboot.

Yeah that would be the issue with alarmed I guess. So software rather then hardware.

The Following User Says Thank You to niko3d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
i dont think there's a fix i eventually ended up buying a new one from amazon. its def not a tmobile US problem

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
I was on O2 when my problem occurred. They sent me an N8 as a replacement! Complaint plus a few E-mails and I eventually got a new N900.

Bloody better not get an n8 from my insurance..... even worse an n97.... Im gonna fight for one of these htc Desire z, desire hd, dell streak if the n900 aint an option or cant be repaired.

Tags
antenna, communication, depressing, disabled, error, problem, telephony