Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
Why? Swipe. And close. Double tap and swipe again. Just cant let that go And of course, the best multitasking..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
Can someone explain to me why Sailfish OS is better than Android (without GAPPS)? .
I bought the first Android device available, and have had several Android tablets (still have one), and even had a Yotaphone2 (briefly). Android navigation is a hot mess, and gets so tiresome. I use it begrudgingly--I'd use my Ubuntu tablet more if it were not so basic. Meamo/Meego/BB10 swipe heavy OSes are just so much better (not having used Sailfish I can't vouch, but I imagine...). They are so fluid and make more sense. Frankly I am pretty surprised you've used it and don't immediately see the difference.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
If you want to try SFOS in US before Xperia comes preloaded, the OnePlus One and X have good ports and work pretty well here. 4g on the X isn't the best everywhere, so if dara speed is a priority for you might not be your 1st choice. The One is a 2 year old device but still very competent... SFOS 2.0.5.6 works on both.
Thanks for the suggestions. I am surprised at the prices these are still going for (used, of course).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Somehow new xperia L1 is like jolla C

http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_l1-8619.php

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to feedme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by feedme View Post
Somehow new xperia L1 is like jolla C

http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_l1-8619.php
*Looks at Jolla C, looks at link*

Umm, how exactly? They don't look similar other than being rectangle, and the internals look completely different

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
specs in general, speed, ram, etc, quite low spec. and yes, rectangular. Camera is better.
-->suitable to be next community thing

The Following User Says Thank You to feedme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by feedme View Post
-->suitable to be next community thing
Except for the fact it has a MediaTek processor.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brunelli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I like SFOS for two reasons:

* Qt
* I prefer swipe over those shitty legacy buttons used on Android/IOS to navigate.

It's such a shame no more apps are ported to SFOS. Qt is nice.
Same for my and on top of that I really like that (at least IMHO) the system behaves in a much more sane manner than Android - in a pretty similar to my Linux powered PCs.

Also having the standard Linux/Unix utilities "in your pocket" is super useful - not just when using them directly from terminal on the device, but also "from the outside" - eq. using sshfs to transfer files instead of buggy MPT, simply SSHing to the device to run backups and manage files, etc.

A lot of this can be also done on an Android device, BUT it's not the default. You generally have to install and configure a lot of stuff and it still at least feels (and sometimes behaves) like something bolted on top of Android, not an integral part of it.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Meadiatek, whats the problem, In Jtablet we have intel, so just an other platform and it's possible when jolla them selves is doing the thing.
( Writing this with J tab)

Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
not gonna happen. AFAIK, SONY open devices program is only for qualcomm based devices.
Just quoting kingoo as reference answer....

Yes Jolla could do MediaTek as well, just I currently don't see any realistic scenario, where they would do this.
I would be even happy if Jolla succeeds with Qualcomm based Xperias.

Last edited by Merienth; 2017-03-20 at 21:07.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x