Active Topics

Originally Posted by PhonoN900 View Post
Nerd bullying on a forum FTL.
Over-zealous generalizations anywhere FTL.

I don't see anybody Bullying.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
This forum really needs more moderators when I see threads like this, be happy that I'm not a mod here else a lot of users would be temporary banned now for such dumb and evil post's.

I think he wanted to know some "useful commands" and not a command how he can brick his phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crogge For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
This forum really needs more moderators when I see threads like this, be happy that I'm not a mod here else a lot of users would be temporary banned now for such dumb and evil post's.

I think he wanted to know some "useful commands" and not a command how he can brick his phone.
Personally.. I see both as being useful.. as both increase your knowledge of a system.

There is only one post that could be considered questionable in my opinion, and that's qwerty12's original - just because it provided no warning. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone supporting the banning of qwerty12.

Everyone else has provided very clear notice that their commands are harmful or cause your system to do unexpected things.

I think quite a few people need to take a sedative and a nap and come back later..

oh man you guys are harsh.

for the op I think learning to use unix/linux first on something else would really really help.

google 'putty' download it

sdf.lonestar.org - go there

google 'how to use linux' or find some geek to teach you.

make sure you learn to use vi(please no emacs flamers) even if it is a pita.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
install nmap and scan all the systems on the internet using GPRS or 3G

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Over-zealous generalizations anywhere FTL.

I don't see anybody Bullying.
So says the nerd-bully's croney: "what are you talking about *****, he barely even hit you", while the kid lies bleeding the ground.

fatalsaint, I wan't addressing you, and it wasn't an overzealous generalization. It relates specifically to Qwert12's response to the OP, in this specific thread, and his response has been lambasted by more users than not. Sorry you couldn't make the logical leap, and I'm further sorry that you feel the need to defend a post that you said was "harsh".

If I asked an honest and well-intentioned question, in a public setting (at a bar, for instance) of someone and they replied with a flipant response that bricked my phone in front of my eyes, I'd knock them the **** out in *real* life.

But this is the internetz. A place where people with under-developed social skills are encouraged to exact revenge on innocent people, because they played D&D throughout their adolescence, and bullys used to pick on them.

fatalsaint, instead of recommending people take a sedative, I'd reccomend you step out of the virtual kingdom you've built for yourself and go for a jog, outside, in the real world.

Finally, as a broad generalization, if you wouldn't do or say something in a face-to-face setting, for fear of physical confrontation, you shouldn't do or say something on a forum, for lack of that same fear. It is pathetic.

-Mike

The Following User Says Thank You to PhonoN900 For This Useful Post:

You're cute Phono. Maybe I'll keep you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Recommended: rm -rf /
You might think you are being cool, but you are not. Play nice.

For educational purposes, go to youtube and search for rm -f...

Tags
rm -rf /