Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Bigv69er View Post
so it comepletely stopped workin.. i oculdnt get it to work on my desktop.. worked only once with my laptop...
Not working as in ? Not getting IP from DHCP or not routing at all (if you start backend from terminal [see earlier in thread for debugging instructions]) ?

Originally Posted by Bigv69er View Post
so i got joikuspot... works ok.. but i hate that it makes my cell get all hot.. and then its limited to 11mbps wtf!!!
What limited where (url to documentation stating the exact limit ?) ? I don't think the N900 HSDPA can do more than 8 Mbit/s (I might be wrong though) in any case and are you will be very hard pressed to find any provider that can actually give that kind of speed with any consistency.

Running both radios at the same time will consume power which equals heat, and since Joiku does NAT in userspace it takes a bit more CPU time as well.

In any case it would help your cause immensely if you could volunteer this basic info in the first post so I would not have to ask for it and then wait for answers before being able to offer solutions.

Has anyone looked more into Infrastructure mode lately? I've been looking at it myself, but I'm worried that the N900's wireless chip may not even support master mode. Does anyone know for sure?

Originally Posted by swt2c View Post
Has anyone looked more into Infrastructure mode lately? I've been looking at it myself, but I'm worried that the N900's wireless chip may not even support master mode. Does anyone know for sure?
I haven't really had the time to look into this, so I don't know for sure one way or other. If you can figure out some way of getting it to work or verify that it cannot work (even with additional kernel modules [which we need anyway]); that would be very helpful.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
I haven't really had the time to look into this, so I don't know for sure one way or other. If you can figure out some way of getting it to work or verify that it cannot work (even with additional kernel modules [which we need anyway]); that would be very helpful.
This and Kalle Valo's comment here don't inspire hope: it sounds like the firmware itself doesn't support it.

It might be possible to overcome the shortcomings in the firmware (depending on what facilities the firmware provides and general public access to this information) in the kernel code, but I haven't found any sort of information in my brief poking around the blagotubes.

I suppose the next step would be to contact TI and try to get some information along the lines of trying to help them expand the functionality of their devices for no charge.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Los Angeles
I GOT MY PS3 TO WORK. OFF OF MY N900 WIFI.. its awesome i can play COD modern warfare 2 online

only prob is.. when i use joikuspot n this is always.. is it works for like 30min then i have to stop it and re establish wifi.. is this normal?? i loose connection with it every 30min.. gets too hot???

ANYWAYS.. to the good part everyone wants to know how..

1. install joikuspot or mobilehotspot.. get wifi going..
2. follow these instructions and u will be playin ps3 online with ure n900 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv8VhJXtHDY

NOTE .. you do have to run the ethernet cable between ps3 and PC.. sux but this is the only way we can do this right now. seing as to all n900 wifi programs send wifi signal as AdHoc..

i have been using it for 1 week.. and it works awesome no lagg..ive been using joikuspot

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
Not working as in ? Not getting IP from DHCP or not routing at all (if you start backend from terminal [see earlier in thread for debugging instructions]) ?

What limited where (url to documentation stating the exact limit ?) ? I don't think the N900 HSDPA can do more than 8 Mbit/s (I might be wrong though) in any case and are you will be very hard pressed to find any provider that can actually give that kind of speed with any consistency.

Running both radios at the same time will consume power which equals heat, and since Joiku does NAT in userspace it takes a bit more CPU time as well.

In any case it would help your cause immensely if you could volunteer this basic info in the first post so I would not have to ask for it and then wait for answers before being able to offer solutions.
hELLO.. ok well it wouldnt allow me to change my network to HOMe.. would always stay public.. and in public i cannot do anything..

and about the n900 some guy told me its limited to 11mbps.. so that is where i got it from.. if u look at the details of the connection. it will tell you the mbps your adapter is capable of.. routers i think are like 154mbps or somethin or 54.. iono. but he told me n900 is limited to 11mbps..

Just another data point.

This was a breeze to set up, and works fine from Mac/Win/Linux laptops. iPhone4 sees the hotspot, connects, gets IP address, DNS, and route fine via DHCP but can't seem to actually get packets in/out.

weird. But at least laptops can use it. T-Mobile is giving me 3.8Mbit/1.16Mbit right now. Pretty decent...

Hello,

i have installed mobilehotspot and cant start a wifi hotspot.

from terminal;

i run

sudo /usr/sbin/mobilehotspot_backend start

and here is the error

DEBUG: Command output: insmod: can't read '/lib/modules/2.6.8-omap1/nf_conntrack.ko': No such file or directory.

there is no folder like /lib/modules/2.6.8-omap1 and no file such as nf_conntrack.ko (in 2.6.28-omap1)

thanks.

Originally Posted by archimonde View Post
DEBUG: Command output: insmod: can't read '/lib/modules/2.6.8-omap1/nf_conntrack.ko': No such file or directory.
You are running stock kernel install (or reinstall) titans power user kernel and reboot, then try again.

Btw just got back from holiday and had a "promotion unlocked" mail in my inbox, so version 0.3.3 will land in extras proper in the next hours.