Posts: 75 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Uruguay
It works for any N900 from any country?

Sorry for the insistence, but in the old images you had to search for the correct one... And i donīt want to screw my phone.

I think mr0 are global images

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Yes MR0 is global release and PR 1.3 link in my post is for middle east. i don't think that flashing another region firmware will screw your phone.

Originally Posted by RichardN900 View Post
Quite rude your answer. (Whatīs the need to LGTFY,. just give the link)
Argh, matey, I just didn't want to create an impression of a rum-drinking one-eyed wooden-legged seawolf with a tricorne on his head and a parrot on his shoulder, posting links violating forum rules, yarrr! =\

Also, it says thereīs no seeders, so the link would not work.
It lies, like most other public tracker statistics. Also, description shows what you are downloading (global images + software). If you are unsure you can compare MD5, both before and after the download. Images are archived so that an overexcited user wouldn't flash his device with a not yet downloaded image and get an archive error instead.

All those public fileshare and private website links suck, primarily due to their vulnerability; torrents live forever... or at least as long as the last seeder.

Last edited by FlashInTheNight86; 2014-04-03 at 20:23.

OK, tahnks everyone, i'll give it a try as soon as ends downloading.
(torrent started)

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Quite rude your answer. (Whatīs the need to LGTFY,. just give the link)
If other people asking something you already know upsets you, please refrain from answering.
I beg to differ. Searching - first this forum, then, if that fails, the World Wide Web - is what you should have done before posting a question. Posting should be the last resort when every effort to find the answer yoursef fails. Not following that is what most people consider "quite rude".

How could i know that the torrent is suitable for my phone/zone/provider?
That is of course a valid concern but blaming the guy who tried to help you is just bad manners. It's like in that old joke about the guy in the hot air balloon. You are in exactly same situation as you were before but now, somehow, it's someone else's fault.

For what it's worth, elros34 has provided a link to the post that you should have found yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I beg to differ. Searching - first this forum, then, if that fails, the World Wide Web - is what you should have done before posting a question. Posting should be the last resort when every effort to find the answer yoursef fails. Not following that is what most people consider "quite rude".

That is of course a valid concern but blaming the guy who tried to help you is just bad manners. It's like in that old joke about the guy in the hot air balloon. You are in exactly same situation as you were before but now, somehow, it's someone else's fault.

For what it's worth, elros34 has provided a link to the post that you should have found yourself.
The thing is, i did search, and i did find the OLD links.

That's the reason for which i came to this very thread to ask if someone knew anything newer.... BECAUSE THIS THREAD IS WHAT I FOUND when i made the correspondent search.

Then, if for any misterious chance or mystic way of thinking i would EVER imagined or guessed that i had to search for a torrent, then, the searches i made would have included "torrent" and off course i would have found the "correct" thread.

The problem here is not only the innecessary rudeness people in forums have when they want, but also to mistakenly assuming that the other has not made something. Which is this case at least.

The problem here is not only the innecessary rudeness people in forums have when they want, but also to mistakenly assuming that the other has not made something. Which is this case at least.
The only problem here is that you asked for a link to latest firmware, received it in a form not violating forum rules, and now complain about unnecessary rudeness and bla-bla-bla.

So there's any prohibition to complain about rudeness?

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Earth
hello ,i'm from malaysia..can give me any suggestion the best fw should me update?sorry for bad english,newbie here..please help me.