Notices

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
Hi!

MobiTifo 0.0.2 is on its way to Extras-Devel. (If you only see version 0.0.1, don't install it and wait for 0.0.2 to show up).

Those who have been around for a while knew it under the name QSportsEvent. The name change should be complete now. Please uninstall any previous versions you may have prior to installing this one.

The purpose of MobiTifo is to track football leagues. Data is provided by SoccerDb, and the live scores are sourced from a link to livescore. Sorry, no notifications yet...

Compared to the last version of QSportsEvent, I have removed some of the 'experimental' features (chat and predictions). They never worked that great anyway... So this is a 'trimmed down' version. The biggest change you'll notice is that the 'menu icons' are now on the right of the screen instead of on the top. Bear with me that the alignmnent of all UI elements is not yet perfect...

All major leagues for the 2010-11 season should be included. If they are not, it's most likely due to them missing in SoccerDB.

There are a couple of known issues:
  1. 1. There seems to be a problem with reconnecting to the Internet if you are using the app AutoDisconnect.
  2. 2. For some reason, a game from the 33rd round was played on the first day of the EPL 2010-2011. As MobiTifo will go to the round with the latest game played, you will end up looking at round #33. This is an issue with the underlying datasource, SoccerDB (or maybe the way that EPL schedules their games...).
  3. 3. Seems the application icon does not appear as it should.

The next version will be to fix any issues that are encountered in the next couple of days worth of testing. The next functionally significant version will include some further UI tweaking.

I'm open to suggestion as to what you would like to see included.

Enjoy!

If you want to read some history about QSportsEvent, follow this thread.
MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).

Last edited by magnuslu; 2010-08-21 at 23:36.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to magnuslu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Installed but where is it? All seemed to have gone well but cant find application. Where does it install to so I can try from xterm.
Thanks again for your hard work mate, this was one big thing missing from the repos

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Installed but where is it? All seemed to have gone well but cant find application. Where does it install to so I can try from xterm.
Thanks again for your hard work mate, this was one big thing missing from the repos
I agree, its great to see this project continue - Thanks.Magnuslu!!!

Installed without problems for me (as described icon not showing, only blue square)

@Casper: Make sure you have the latest version installed (v0.0.2). Previous version 0.0.1 came without icon and had to be started in xTerm

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by magnuslu View Post

The next version will be to fix any issues that are encountered in the next couple of days worth of testing. The next functionally significant version will include some further UI tweaking.
Do you know the audio player app "Instinctiv"?
I think it is which is currently the Benchmark for Maemo apps regarding UI and usability and looks!

Maybe you can get some inspiration from Instinctiv UI design and concept?

Btw, I am following German Bundesliga Schalke - Hamburg at the moment using MobiTifo livescores :-)
Might be an early unpolished dev version, but it works ;-)

Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Hmm... I see that 0.0.2 is not yet available for download from Extras-Devel... There is only the 0.0.1 version. Usually, once the app has been succesfully compiled, it shows up within hours, but this time it seems it's not there yet. I guess it's just a matter of time before you'll see it there.

To launch 0.0.1 from the terminal window just type 'mobitifo' and it should work.

/Magnus
MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).

The Following User Says Thank You to magnuslu For This Useful Post:
Hmm... I see that 0.0.2 is not yet available for download from Extras-Devel... There is only the 0.0.1 version.
Hm strange, I installed v0.0.2 from devel yesterday about 1 hour after your 1st post...

Questions:

Should I revamp the UI to more strictly adhere to the look and feel of 'standard' Maemo applications? My UI skills are probably not good enough to make it stand out of the crowd (and the features I built in to the app to allow the users to play with the interface have so far not given any ideas for improvements...).

What top 2-3 features would you like to see to follow your team/league/european club football/EC qualifying? The top feature that I'd work on next, would be notification of scores (and other events, if available).

Development is still very slow due to issues with my envirnoment. The main issue is that I can't get the Maemo emulator to run the app, so whenever I change something, I have to deploy it to my N900 which just add soooo much overhead to the effort that I often refrain from working on it in the first place Throughout the lifetime of the app, I've spent far too much time on getting the environment to work and to be able to deploy to the device compared to the pure 'programming' effort.

The Following User Says Thank You to magnuslu For This Useful Post:
Questions:

Should I revamp the UI to more strictly adhere to the look and feel of 'standard' Maemo applications? My UI skills are probably not good enough to make it stand out of the crowd (and the features I built in to the app to allow the users to play with the interface have so far not given any ideas for improvements...).
What exactly do you mean?
Is the problem the UI concept, the graphic works or the usability?
Donīt you think instinctive would be a nice inspiration?
Simple but nice and big finger friendly buttons, not too many buttons on each screen...

What top 2-3 features would you like to see to follow your team/league/european club football/EC qualifying? The top feature that I'd work on next, would be notification of scores (and other events, if available).
Its your app, whatever feature you give us first is fine ;-)
But a nice live scores feature with notification would be very high on my prio list ;-)
Closely followed by table and schedules...

Development is still very slow due to issues with my envirnoment. The main issue is that I can't get the Maemo emulator to run the app, so whenever I change something, I have to deploy it to my N900 which just add soooo much overhead to the effort that I often refrain from working on it in the first place Throughout the lifetime of the app, I've spent far too much time on getting the environment to work and to be able to deploy to the device compared to the pure 'programming' effort.
Aargh, that sucks! How comes, is it a general problem with N900 developing environment?

Hi Magnus, is your project still alive?

Is this project still alive?

I couldn't find it in extras devel