I like gadgets and I like toying with things so I bought these two to play around with.They work really well too for as cheap as they are.The Sabrent mini mouse works just as good as my $30 logitech 6 button mouse and it's got a real small profile with the retractable cable, especially when it's partially hidden behind the tablet.

The IR remote is a pretty cool little piece.It's HID compliant so it just works, but it's primarily designed for windows so some keys don't function, but (EDIT:most=a little over half to be more precise) do; the directional keys, pg up/pg down, seek keys, tab key and the cellphone style keypad.It even has a mouse nub and LMB/RMB that's fairly useable for navigation.I can also use use my old dell Axim Pocket PC to control the NIT using the NoviiRemote application.

And as you may notice in the first and second pic, I've modified a cable to be a little more compact(actually it's spliced together from one micro and one motherboard port but that's not necassary).I had it down to about 2/3 of what it is there but the connections were so small I had a hard time getting them where I wanted them before they broke, so I had to re-solder them and add a little hot glue to keep them in place.

I basically just removed all the plastic and extra metal from the micro usb end, bent it around the back side and used some shrink tube to hold it in place.I also made a little clip type thing for the kickstand using hot glue.It's not very pretty but it works nicely.

Just thought I might share my findings.I thought the IR remote particularly was pretty cool.

Sabrent USB Mouse@Amazon
IR remote@Amazon

Last edited by Carl.H; 2012-11-02 at 02:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carl.H For This Useful Post:
I just realized something.I think you can use all the keys on the IR remote without any in-between apps if you use IceWM or another WM that lets you bind hotkeys to launch apps and preform window actions.Just have to figure out what keys the remote is sending and map them to something useful in the config file.