Active Topics

Originally Posted by rpgAmazon View Post
They were big, they are loosing positions, and they will be...
Motorola lost its kingdom few years ago, right? (Nokia rules)
And now, Nokia is loosing. No more, no less.
Nokia dominating US market?

And we know WHO are changing our world, dislike it or not: Google and Jobs, and sorry, not Nokia (yes,yes, they are Satan, Evil, "i don't sell my soul"...)

No way, this is maemo.org so Nokia allways is right. Lets see!
You are so misinformed

http://comscore.com/Press_Events/Pre...r_Market_Share

Nokia has really nothing but growth potential in US market. If the cdma carriers would die, they would do even better

Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
You just described 2 of the 3 phones announced.
ur right i should have looked closer the e5 looks likes a good processor. wish it had a full size touch screen. im not really partial to touch screens but they seem to have the biggest screens. Just liek i dont really like qwerty style keypads(i prefer regular keypad with t9 for texting) but the the phone with the huge screens have slide out qwerty. it looks like the n97 and has almost identical specs i wonder what igves though. why would they release something so similar to the n97 for at&t jst like the n97

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
These will probably sell really well... But I have now been spoiled by what I consider the top of the Nokia range, at an early age... n900 ftw, i dont care about cheaper phones... I really wish we would see some public n900 love...

p.s. that c6 is like the non still-born n900... :P

i like the new qwerty keyboard layout (see C6). Seems like they have listened to people complaining about silly keyboard layout on n900 and n97 mini. four row qwerty, a move back towards e75 which is considered the best qwerty layout by nokia.

Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
i like the new qwerty keyboard layout (see C6). Seems like they have listened to people complaining about silly keyboard layout on n900 and n97 mini. four row qwerty, a move back towards e75 which is considered the best qwerty layout by nokia.
Don't get fooled by the number of rows. It's a slight improvement, but not much: 44 keys including the d-pad, compared to the N900's 38. The extra keys are Sym (Ctrl+FN on N900), a dedicated @, a couple of more punctuation keys, an extra shift and the d-pad centre button. Just as annoying as the N900 for command-line work.

I really don't get the layout btw. There are a whole bunch of useful symbols missing (and they even asked us which ones we consider important), yet 10 alphabetic keys don't even have a Fn-combination symbol on them.

I really hope they'll do better with the next Maemo device.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I think this is a really good piece of news.

* It puts a smart phone into the range of people who currently have only been able to afford a dumbphone.

> People who might previously have saved up for an expensive alternative will now opt for the cheaper nokia instead of a rival.

> This will generate more money for Nokia, some of which will filter through to their less lucrative projects, such as maemo and meego.

This is Nokia's way of quietly waving two fintgers at the iphone: which will Average Joe choose? the expensive item or something doing 90% of the same stuff for less than half the price? He will find it harder in future to get Mrs Joe to let him have an iphone/blackberry/HTC.

Tags
announcement, connect, countdown, event, everyone connect, if u don't like your n900, just sell it, nokia