Closed Thread
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Who says it is an open source product? It isn't.
If it's uncompiled Python (which is the practice) then it's source is open for everybody to see by definition. I heard Wazapp is written in Python, but I might be wrong on this.
Who says it's not open source?

Last edited by Jarige; 2012-04-24 at 12:38. Reason: Small clarification added.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Oh yeah, whatscrapp will charge you after 1 years usage anyway.
...at least for Android, whereas it stays free for iOpS. I once mocked a girl about it (==going with what their hip "friends" dictate for "apps"/connectivity/social ********, and not reading WhatsApp's TOS. She was then angry about me; how i could dare. )

The most interesting thing still wasn't clarified: what will happen if "the vendor" finds out about all those people using an unlicensed/unofficial port/hack? Will their alter the protocol? Will they secure their official clients to make it harder to analyze? ICQ had a history of this, to block all the unofficial stuff ilke Miranda and Trillian.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-04-24 at 12:40.

maybe tgalal release n900 version first today?

He should charge just to troll you bellbags who do not realise what a sack of crap it is.
I know Whatsapp is crap, I'm probably not going to actively use this. The whole idea of a closed source product using closed standards is against my principles. But I am still following it's development because I know a lot of people will love this program.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jarige For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...at least for Android, whereas it stays free for iOpS. I once mocked a girl about it (==going with what their hip "friends" dictate for "apps"/connectivity/social ********, and not reading WhatsApp's TOS. She was then angry about me; how i could dare. )

The most interesting thing still wasn't clarified: what will happen if "the vendor" finds out about all those people using an unlicensed/unofficial port/hack? Will their alter the protocol? Will they secure their official clients to make it harder to analyze? ICQ had a history of this, to block all the unofficial stuff ilke Miranda and Trillian.
I think so, they will block us
and how we can pay when the whatsapp start cost

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Trinidad
Not if he compiles it to bytecode.

He should charge just to troll you bellbags who do not realise what a sack of crap it is.

Oh yeah, whatscrapp will charge you after 1 years usage anyway.
Since you think this is crap, then why are you following this thread?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dre For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by pablocrossa View Post
If you can simultaneously NITdroid and Python then yes

It should be trivial to adapt as you have said, probably move files around and pimp up the DEB, if the python has any harmattan-specific calls (which I doubt) then replace them that last part should be the biggest problem hehe

I swear either I am stupid or inventing stuff but didnt you sit your IGCSEs last year?? I seem to recall reading that somewhere
Hehehe, I am actually still working on two programs written in PyQT, a new NITDroid build, and looking forward to Wazzapp (or whatever it is/will be called). That EULA stuff however feels worrying...

Nope, you ain't stupid :P, grade 9 is a preparatory year for the official CIE examinations, you do all of your mock exams there, grade 10 right now is the big thing, heck, I just finished my official ICT practical paper 2 yesterday, my first official CIE exam hehehehe

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
still no version for n900??

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by vale2k7 View Post
AMMYT check your mail account!!!
Dude I toldchu I'm outta crack right now!

EDIT: Oh wait, that wasn't your mail, please disregard.

Originally Posted by ronald122789 View Post
still no version for n900??
Most likely wont happen for a long time or at all.

Not this one anyways.

It will be portable but it will require work to make it integrate into the N900 OS which is DIFFERENT from the N9 OS.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls