Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by MrGrim View Post
So what exactly does this mode do?
I also would love to know too.. Not that i would ever use it.. I don't even have an N900 yet.. Lol.. Damn you dell...

Here is the same thing but in English - probably he got the idea from here

http://www.themaemo.com/taking-the-red-pill/

The Following User Says Thank You to Satz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
This all has a vaguely 'Alice in Wonderland' feel: take the pill, drink the bottle, eat the cake and the whole world changes shape. Having seen more cases of drug-induced psychosis than most people would ever want to, I'll be keeping My Mo away from all pills, mushrooms and cheshire cats. What might a psychotic n900 do?

I just found that its a 100percent copy-paste

The Following User Says Thank You to Satz For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Satz, you're right, it is a complete rip-off of archebyte's misguided blog post. You can even see that I've said the same thing in the comments of that post that I said here.
That blog has some other great posts by the way. Just not that one.

RevdKathy: It is a refrence to the first Matrix movie, where taking the red pill kicks you out of the Matrix. But that movie was referencing Carroll's weird dreamlike classic.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
What might a psychotic n900 do?
Update packages to new beta versions, break compatibility with other applications, cause your device to randomly crash or freeze up.

Even if your an extras tester, don't go near red pill mode.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
original post reported!

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
This all has a vaguely 'Alice in Wonderland' feel: take the pill, drink the bottle, eat the cake and the whole world changes shape. Having seen more cases of drug-induced psychosis than most people would ever want to, I'll be keeping My Mo away from all pills, mushrooms and cheshire cats. What might a psychotic n900 do?
Not so much Alice in Wonderland but a reference to Neo's choice in the first film of The Matrix. Makes sense if you have seen the film and understand the choice being made.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by g0dzilla View Post
There are many good programs only in EXTRAS .... Why not? I think end users do not frequent guests http://talk.maemo.org
Because when these good programs screw up your tablet and you will come to talk.maemo.org or IRC asking for help, we will not help you. Is it clear enough?

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:

Tags
application manager, blue pill, danger, fremantle, howto, install, instructions, maemo, maemo 5, red pill, tutorial