Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Hi. did anyone but me have the problem already that Pulseaudio seems to be crashing, which leads to no sound, no vibrate for anything (no alarm this morning again for me!)

It's done it a couple of times for me now restarting the phone usually did the trick (once or twice i had to reset by taking the battery out.. any ideas? -- I don'T mind checking some logs,.. next time it happens but since I don'T know enough about maemo architecture and stuff please point me to where to look and what for so my phone isn'T unusable for too long

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
First of all. What have you installed? Have you installed any new/tweaked/fixed etc. hildon-xxxx components or other (like pulseaudio) system components? Have you installed stuff from testing & devel? Moreover have you installed something that is related to audio? Extra codecs etc.

i had this issue too but i didn't trace down the cause (not sure if it was pulseaudio crashing) but a few symptoms:
1) phone call - no incoming audio, no outgoing audio. i couldn't hear the other party and neither could they hear me.
2) no audio whatsoever from any app / game
3) the volume slider button would default to the left most position (mute) but you could slide it to the right. sliding it didn't have any effect on sound.
4) a reboot fixed it but the problem would reoccur. usually it seems to be triggered by a bluetooth connection.

i got fedup and ended up flashing to PR 1.3 using USB and that fixed the problem. i didn't bother to troubleshoot much. i think mine was caused by the preenv package?? because the problem started after i installed it. removing it didn't help.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Updated OTA? Try a reflash . . . same problem for me too. Reflash solved it.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
i got quite a few things installed from -devel and -testing .. few things audio related .. i can get a list what i have installed if you want me to but how do I tell dpkg to show me only packages from extras-devel / extras-testing?

well i did OTR update .. sorta .. manually with apt-get dist-upgrade cuz i didn'T have enough space free for app-manager upgrade .. I was thinking of flashing before but I thought I ask here first maybe someone knows something about this .. [thought about re-flashing before anyway cuz sometimes it is hella slow when i get an incoming call i get the message on display then several - sometimes 10 or more - seconds later vibrate and sound]

Last edited by LordVan; 2010-11-08 at 09:30.