I know we can run The Gimp with a bit of jiggery pokery and lots of messing about. But what I'd like is to be able to just convert from one image format to another, i.e .jpg to .png to .bmp. to .gif etc.

Primarily just for converting cropped images to icons and other theme elements (which I believe must be in .png) so they will be displayed correctly on screen.

Just the basics no fancy stuff like MyPaint. If whoever develops something puts other little tricks into it, like basic image processing (bevels etc) that would be a big bonus.

I thought of this after discovering that Homescreen Dockbar only finds and lists .png.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Everything can be done with imagemagick, if you don't mind using the cli. Here's the optified package: http://www.debernardis.it/downloads/...fied_armel.deb

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Imagemagick is also in extras - much safer to download from there than someone's personal hosting where you have no idea what other code might have been added...

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Everything can be done with imagemagick, if you don't mind using the cli. Here's the optified package: http://www.debernardis.it/downloads/...fied_armel.deb
What I'm thinking is that you could quite possibly create a whole new theme from an existing one. i.e use the original as a template and just replace various elements.
Possible?

I'll check that link out later.
Cheers

The package on my site is an optified version I did with the optifier script. There is no added code, either malicious or useful, due to the fact I'm unable at all at coding in anything more complex than vary basic bash, perl or php

Thanks debernardis.
But for some reason it won't install. I'm being told by app manager that it's an incompatible package.

use dpkg -i packagename.deb on a root terminal

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
The package on my site is an optified version I did with the optifier script. There is no added code, either malicious or useful, due to the fact I'm unable at all at coding in anything more complex than vary basic bash, perl or php
Where do i find this optifier script?

use dpkg -i packagename.deb on a root terminal
Cheers, I'll give that a go and let you know how it goes.

Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
Where do i find this optifier script?
http://maemo.org/packages/view/maemo-optify/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post: