Notices

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Hello Ade. I tried the usb joy, the same one again, but with the joymapper file. When I pressed the directions , in the x-term was showing left pressed, then left released, so it was connected, but on the joy def( gngeo-gui) was the same, everytime I would try to define left, right up or down it got unresponsive. Have to try with a different usb joystick.
What kind of joystick are you using?
Can you post dmesg information from HEN when conneting the joystick?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Hello Ade. I tried the usb joy, the same one again, but with the joymapper file. When I pressed the directions , in the x-term was showing left pressed, then left released, so it was connected, but on the joy def( gngeo-gui) was the same, everytime I would try to define left, right up or down it got unresponsive. Have to try with a different usb joystick.
What kind of joystick are you using?
Can you post dmesg information from HEN when connecting the joystick?

Edit: Sorry for double posting (network issues)

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2012-01-12 at 08:36.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
I can't test it anymore, it's my friend's, he lives in another city, I'll go there again only by the end of next month. Can't remember the brand. I know that the joy was connected because I could use the A B C and D buttons, but not the directional, pearphs it was because it had also an analog dpad aswell, if I can't fix my ps3 controller I will buy a usb joy because is much cheaper, altough I prefer ps3 because much less battery drain I guess and wire less for comfortable playing with TV out.
What you mean by 'dmesg information from HEN' ? I connected the usb joy, choosed low speed vbus on etc... Then on gngeo-gui mapped the a b c & d buttons, but the directionals... You already know.

Last edited by gleydsonpr; 2012-01-14 at 06:32.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Is this the exact output you get from the test script when using the directional path?
Code:
You pressed left on the left joystick
You released the left joystick
You pressed right on the left joystick
You pressed down on the left joystick
You pressed up on the left joystick
If so, it is the same output as my usb joystick, which can be configured.

About the power consumption: I don't know if it makes a lot of difference. If I use the usb joystick for a longer period and have access to a power source, I charge my phone while using the usb joystick (see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=602). But I agree it is more of a hassle and I also would prefer a ps3 controller.

What Ivgalvez is reffering to: once the usb is properly connected, dmesg can give you some hardware info. In my case as I have connected the usb joystick:

In x-terminal:
Code:
root
dmesg
Output:
Code:
[44292.520690] usbhid 1-1:1.0: usb_probe_interface
[44292.520721] usbhid 1-1:1.0: usb_probe_interface - got id
[44292.540100] input: Padix Co. Ltd. 830T TRIPLE MODE SIGHTFIGHTER  as /class/input/input4
[44292.625976] generic-usb 0003:06D6:002B.0001: input: USB HID v1.00 Joystick [Padix Co. Ltd. 830T TRIPLE MODE SIGHTFIGHTER ] on usb-musb_hdrc-1/input0
[44292.631103] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
[44292.631164] usbhid: v2.6:USB HID core driver

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Yes, that is exactly what appeared when the usb j was connected with the test script on N900. About the dmsg I can't test at the moment as it is my friend's and I will go there again only next month. Thanks for the link, I will check it out because as I know while using usb hostmode battery info is not updated, altough I am having problems with h-e-n... Everytime I close this app N900 reboots.

I had the same problem with H-E-N a while ago, it was caused by conflicting battery modules. Do you have kernel power installed?

I have v49 installed, but I need OC for ps emu gngeo (for more fps) mame etc. Only way is uninstalling PKv49? Maybe H-E-N then reinstall?

No reason to uninstall but it can easily be fixed if it is the same problem I had: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2156

So make sure no bq27x00_battery line is in /etc/modules. If so, remove it, reboot and see if the problem is gone.

Hy,
I tried to use my Hori Arcade stick with GnGeo, but the emulator crashed and i can't open it anymore :s
I tried to reinstall, but it didn't worked. Any ideas? Thanks.

Originally Posted by dragonken View Post
Hy,
I tried to use my Hori Arcade stick with GnGeo, but the emulator crashed and i can't open it anymore :s
I tried to reinstall, but it didn't worked. Any ideas? Thanks.
We will need more information...
As I understand correctly, GnGeo itself is the issue, not GnGeo-gui?

What are the errors you get when starting gngeo from the command prompt?

From the x-terminal:
Code:
/opt/gngeo/bin/gngeo /[path_to_your_rom]/[game.zip]