Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
sorry dr_frost_dk deleted my post because i thought i was asking a stupid question

never opened up my device and i'm guessing a fix like that requires a steady hand?
soldering iron and back spasms (long story) probably wont go too well together in trying to do the fix.
At best i've filed off the teeth on the usb cable and charger.

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-08-22 at 13:59.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Yes a little bit steady, but it is some of the most simple soldering you can do, only need to scrape of some paint, solder metal USB to the new copper area and that's it, lots of space to work with, in my battery thread i posted my USB fuse fix, now here there where almost no space at all.

EDIT: and that's not a stupid question at all, im only enraged when it gets to the totally absurd stage of not even bothering to read before posting (latest posts in my battery thread)

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-08-22 at 14:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
your fixit guide is brilliant and the state of play with nokia doing a magic trick of turning your n900 into a N8 or a E7 it's at the top of my to do list when i can finally sit up up for longer the ten mins at a time,
and yes i know exactly who you mean

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-08-22 at 14:45.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Why oh why are people waiting for there port to fall out when they can do the preventative repair that will make sure it does NOT fall out is beyond me.

The time has now come for EVERYBODY who has not done the fix to actually do it.

Makes me sad to look on the "Problems with N900 USB port becoming broken / loose and resulting warranty & repair issues" thread to see people obviously doing nothing about it and when it breaks away to go on that thread for help.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brunei Darussalam
Guys, thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it! My device now works like a charm. Couldn't have done it without you.

Sorry for the late reply though.

The Following User Says Thank You to DJQwamii For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Why oh why are people waiting for there port to fall out when they can do the preventative repair that will make sure it does NOT fall out is beyond me.

The time has now come for EVERYBODY who has not done the fix to actually do it.

Makes me sad to look on the "Problems with N900 USB port becoming broken / loose and resulting warranty & repair issues" thread to see people obviously doing nothing about it and when it breaks away to go on that thread for help.
Atroll_uk I hate you however you are right.

Putting a blob of solder on usb plug/ground plane makes the usb plug practically indestructable. DO IT NOW CORD.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post: