Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Yesterday, I noticed that a green slightly misaligned icon had appeared in my "apps view"

A screenshot of this is attached.
When entering the "edit" mode for the view, this icon does not have the red X on the upper right corner, but it can be moved around.
Nothing happens when trying to push it.

Does anyone know from where i can manually remove this, or check what it is?
Attached Images

Last edited by mooglez; 2011-10-25 at 10:08.

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Check your settings -> applications to see what apps are installed. Crosscheck this with your appgrid. The odd one out is your culprit, I assume.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Check your settings -> applications to see what apps are installed. Crosscheck this with your appgrid. The odd one out is your culprit, I assume.
did that, i do not see anything out of place there.
Everything that is listed there has a working icon in the app grid.

Full on reset, perhaps? If everything else fails .

by the way, i noticed that the video on html 5 player does not continuously load the video once it is paused. any work around for that, as i using a slow connection and would like to preload the video first before viewing. cute tube gives the same problem as well but at least offers tools to dowbload the whole video.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
Anyone know of an app (or site) that allows scrobbling to Last.FM on the N9? Somewhat annoyed that my plays on the N9 aren't being recorded. The longer I use the N9, strangely, the more I miss the N900...

The N9 is looking more to be like the N900... castrated... that's why it's missing the 00.
Musikloud (on nokia store) has that in the latest build. note sure how it is though. might only work for playing through soundcloud but may work for playing the downloaded songs too. if it works for the downloaded songs then maybe having the ones you want in the same folder may be a temp measure until someone can make a proper method for the default music player(if possible)

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
The N9 is looking more to be like the N900... castrated... that's why it's missing the 00.
The N9 is much more looking like the N900 at launch than the N900 castrated. Actually, the N9 allready has much more support of things than the N900 had at the same age (and one would expect that).

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
I agree with Erendorn. This is exactly whatthe N900 felt like when I got my hands on it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
Musikloud (on nokia store) has that in the latest build. note sure how it is though. might only work for playing through soundcloud but may work for playing the downloaded songs too. if it works for the downloaded songs then maybe having the ones you want in the same folder may be a temp measure until someone can make a proper method for the default music player(if possible)
Thanks I'll give that a poke around!!!

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
The N9 is much more looking like the N900 at launch than the N900 castrated. Actually, the N9 allready has much more support of things than the N900 had at the same age (and one would expect that).
Originally Posted by slai View Post
I agree with Erendorn. This is exactly whatthe N900 felt like when I got my hands on it.
My "castrated" comment was more in reference to the browser than anything else. Coming from MicroB, the default browser is missing so many features that should have been inherited - multi step visual back, saved passwords (lol?), bookmarks (2xlol?), etc. Is the new browser fast? Hell yes! Would I prefer MicroB running on the N9 at this moment? I'd give some hair off my chin for that.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I totally agree that the N9 already has more support for things than the N900 - just unfortunately at the expense of things that are just expected to be...

Last edited by biatch0; 2011-10-25 at 11:21.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biatch0 For This Useful Post:
Got rid of the green circle, by clicking on the latest created desktop icon in here: /home/user/.local/share/applications/

after that, the green not working icon is gone, and an operator sim services icon appeared in its place

Last edited by mooglez; 2011-10-25 at 11:23.