Posts: 101 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Lithuania
hmm.. looks very nice and intresting! Good Work, but can u post instructions later from first step to last step ?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
The link in the first line of the first post will help you
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
I read it and I checked old thread but that instructions is very very old if you talking about that instructions in the first post If someone could create video and upload how to install it will be much clearly

Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
I don't want to hardcode the kernel version.
update-initramfs -c -k $(ls /lib/modules)

The Following User Says Thank You to riv64 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Originally Posted by Nobless View Post
I read it and I checked old thread but that instructions is very very old if you talking about that instructions in the first post If someone could create video and upload how to install it will be much clearly
The instructions still apply for 12.10, little has changed
Originally Posted by riv64 View Post
update-initramfs -c -k $(ls /lib/modules)
Thanks, I'll give it a try Update: but what if there will be multiple kernels?

Update 2:
Code:
kernels=$(ls /lib/modules)
kernel_version=$(basename ${kernels[-1]})
... I clearly don't like update-initramfs laziness.

Update 3: aargh

Update 4:
Code:
kernel_version=$(ls -t1 /lib/modules | head -n1)

Last edited by int_ua; 2012-09-25 at 17:23.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
The instructions still apply for 12.10, little has changed
If you read yuor own older thread u will see that i don't understand these instructions, and if you say there are little changes so... imposible for me apply this because linux are unfriendly for me.. Without more clearly/ noobish inscructions or video i can't build for my phone these goodies :P But i really want to do that

The Following User Says Thank You to Nobless For This Useful Post:
If you read yuor own older thread u will see that i don't understand these instructions, and if you say there are little changes so... imposible for me apply this because linux are unfriendly for me.. Without more clearly/ noobish inscructions or video i can't build for my phone these goodies :P But i really want to do that
Sorry, but I consider my instructions clear enough. Of course anyone can make them more clearer, just say how Can you connect to IRC for a realtime help?
P.S. The script is a little dangerous, it potentially can destroy your data if you don't understand what you are doing.

Last edited by int_ua; 2012-09-25 at 17:23.

I agree with you everything is clear until i start script, and there is so many options i don't remember now where i failed, but i miss explanation of them, ex when i need to choose kernel i dont know what differences between custom and meego and so on. At the moment im on phone, and don't have installed linux on wmware, I miss that part in instructions about script selections, what to choose, differences of selections and so on. When i have time i will try again to install this again Can u post short sequential order what options choose in script to install the newest Ubuntu version 12.10

The Following User Says Thank You to Nobless For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Hungary
I agree with you everything is clear until i start script, and there is so many options i don't remember now where i failed, but i miss explanation of them, ex when i need to choose kernel i dont know what differences between custom and meego and so on. At the moment im on phone, and don't have installed linux on wmware, I miss that part in instructions about script selections, what to choose, differences of selections and so on. When i have time i will try again to install this again Can u post short sequential order what options choose in script to install the newest Ubuntu version 12.10
I will be creating a writeable imge in the near future so that people who would like to just try this out can do it without much difficultities.

It will be an 8Gb dd-able image. All you need is 8Gb SD card; card reader; linux.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PanzerSajt For This Useful Post:
Ok, got it. Well... You can consult with my options from the first post of this thread Just don't forget to copy the firmware and to download the custom kernel. Come to IRC and we'll try to help you.
And purge the blueman when it fails to install with "apt-get purge blueman".

Originally Posted by PanzerSajt View Post
I will be creating a writeable imge in the near future so that people who would like to just try this out can do it without much difficultities.

It will be an 8Gb dd-able image. All you need is 8Gb SD card; card reader; linux.
Well, in theory such image doesn't even need a Linux desktop. Do you want to make a generic username or do you want to allow root login? Don't forget to delete openssh-server then

Last edited by int_ua; 2012-09-25 at 18:18.