Just got Sailfish OS up and running on my Nexus 4. I used an N9 years ago and didn't think I'd ever find another phone I liked as much.

Still not sure I do. I like a lot of aspects of Sailfish OS but one thing that's really annoying me is how, when you swipe in from the edge of the screen, the application fades away, instead of swiping away like on the N9. Are there any tweaks to change this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Wowfunhappy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
grab lipstick-pandora and create patch for swiping

I wish I had the coding skill to make a patch myself

I was hoping someone had made something already, as it seemed like a very logical change. But I guess there was a reason I couldn't find anything on Google.

Originally Posted by Wowfunhappy View Post
one thing that's really annoying me is how, when you swipe in from the edge of the screen, the application fades away, instead of swiping away like on the N9. Are there any tweaks to change this?
i also want this patch.

pretty sure it has something similar in the pandora box called swipe feedback, what it does is both fade and show you the edge of the application swiping away.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I love the swipe as done on the N9 without the fade. I had tried to duplicate this effect on android using GMD gestures which allows swipe gestures but without success. By the way, does anyone know if the multitasking is done differently on Jolla phone than on N9. For example if I put the compass app in background on N9, the needle is frozen and does not change with orientation, but on the Jolla phone the compass needle is responsive. This is nicer!

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
pretty sure it has something similar in the pandora box called swipe feedback, what it does is both fade and show you the edge of the application swiping away.
Thank you! This was almost exactly what I wanted, and it has made the OS much more pleasant to use. I still wish the application didn't become transparent while I swipe, but it's a lot better than before!

Last edited by Wowfunhappy; 2014-05-14 at 18:22.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I love the swipe as done on the N9 without the fade. I had tried to duplicate this effect on android using GMD gestures which allows swipe gestures but without success. By the way, does anyone know if the multitasking is done differently on Jolla phone than on N9. For example if I put the compass app in background on N9, the needle is frozen and does not change with orientation, but on the Jolla phone the compass needle is responsive. This is nicer!
Really? On my N9 my compass stays active in multi-tasking view. Maybe a setting within the app to allow this?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
AFAIK it depends on how you code the app. The option in the compass app which enables running and being responsive in the background proves this idea.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to herdem09 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
AFAIK it depends on how you code the app. The option in the compass app which enables running and being responsive in the background proves this idea.
Ah yes! You are absolutely correct. The rotation in background was disabled to save battery. Thanks for pointing this out.