Notices

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Antimage64 View Post
i was having the problem where telegram was not showing up on pidgin´s drop down list, so i un-installed/purged pidgin and purple protocol telegram and tried to re install them but now neither are showing up in the application manager, tried doing it trough the terminal, but it just fails.
Type ln -s /telegram-purple.so /usr/lib/purple-2 in terminal. Seek from the previous pages, if you need more information. But for some reason, telegram-purple.so has moved to / but it should be in /usr/lib/purple-2 so make a symbolic link for the file.

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
i was having the problem where telegram was not showing up on pidgin´s drop down list, so i un-installed/purged pidgin and purple protocol telegram and tried to re install them but now neither are showing up in the application manager
It could be that you need to activate the extra-devel repositiory or it points to a mirror which is no more available.

tried doing it trough the terminal, but it just fails.
What did you tried and what was the error message, be more precisely please.

Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
Type ln -s /telegram-purple.so /usr/lib/purple-2 in terminal. Seek from the previous pages, if you need more information. But for some reason, telegram-purple.so has moved to / but it should be in /usr/lib/purple-2 so make a symbolic link for the file.
This should be fixed with the version I uploaded to extra-devel. No need to make a symbolic link anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2014 @ Argentina
i used apt-get from the terminal to get pidgin and the plugin, but i cannot remember the specific error, also, i tried moving the .so, but it didnt find it, thats why i decided to un-install, i already reseted all the repositories catalogs and now they are appearing again.

so i would like to know, what do install and how to install so i dont mess up, and the libwebp too

thanks

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Halftux,
I ask because you hold a set of the keys to our kingdom;
No keys, only a garage account and I asked for access. Thats all.
After you got your invitation you could use for example the extra assistant for uploading.
If you are interested read our wiki about uploading.

I would love to see bluetooth PAN
I think to upload scripts is not a good idea they need to be edited for the use cases anyway.
What is the matter with genwall, you don't like it or is it not working for you? I could fix/update it or modify it to your needs.

and Meabble uploaded to the repos too.
They just need to be packaged and uploaded, both are very light.
Sounds easy but it is not easy for me, takes some time. Also I have no Pebble no clue about python and dependencies.

Packaging/Guidelines
Packaging
Deploying and Distributing

It was also nice to see the yellow square again after such a long time.
Yeah could be much more often.

For the future try to avoid OT. Try to ask for it in the corresponding threads. You could directly also ask me in the thread, when I don't answer you could send me a pm and I will answer in the thread.
I know it is only halfOT but doesn't fit so good here.

Last edited by Halftux; 2018-03-08 at 16:13.

and now they are appearing again.
good
so i would like to know, what do install and how to install so i dont mess up, and the libwebp too
Install with application manager:

Pidgin Internet Messenger 2.10.11-0maemo1
purple-protocol-telegram 1.3.1-4

libwebp should install along with purple-protocol-telegram.

If you think you have problems with an installed libwebp you could remove it before installing purple-protocol-telegram with "apt-get remove libwebp" or "dpkg -r libwebp".

EDIT: I see there is still a problem. Will upload another version to extras. So atm it seems package is still not working.

Last edited by Halftux; 2018-03-08 at 16:36.

Here is the optified version which should also show up in extra-devel soon. Sorry for the version before in extra-devel.
I hope now it is working for everyone. I can't test it because not using telegram or pidgin
So it is version 1.3.1-5 to go for.

if you never installed it before and want to install it with dpkg.
You need to install libwebp before.

Code:
apt-get install libwebp
dpkg -i purple-protocol-telegram_1.3.1-5_armel.deb
or wait for extra-devel version.
Attached Files
File Type: deb purple-protocol-telegram_1.3.1-5_armel.deb (448.0 KB, 35 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Ok, i purged everything, re installed the last .deb file and now telegram shows up on the plug-in list.

Now, i cant even send a message since the program will stop responding, is this normal?

Now, i cant even send a message since the program will stop responding, is this normal?
I would say this is not normal, but it could be that everyone facing this problem I don't know.

Did you tried the deb version 1.2.6 before and was it working for you?
Does somebody successful send a message with 1.2.6 lately?
Or does somebody successful send a message with 1.3.1?

no, i did not try the 1.2.6 version, but after tweaking some things i was able to send and receive, a lot of freezing, but it works. so i am guessing its a resource optimization problem. but nevertheless great job

The Following User Says Thank You to Antimage64 For This Useful Post:
What I can do from my side is to try to integrate newer tgl code from another fork and using the devel branche from telegram-purple.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:

Tags
pidgin, telegram