Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
KMplayer is NOT their internal player. The internal player is Media Player. Kmplayer doesn't appear to accept externally passed URLs at all from any application. I've noticed this in the past before Video Center was even released. That's not Video Center's fault. I've been able to stream hour long videocasts with mplayer without a problem (without using -cache at all).

Might be a good idea to know what you're talking about before you tell people working hard on giving you what you want to go to hell when your problems aren't even their fault.
Some of us live in America where we can pretty much tell anyone we want to go to hell.
And own handguns...well, in most states. And smoke cigarettes. And eat red meat.
And invade other countries at will. (looking at you, Burma...)

They did fix ONE thing: it nows actually opens up the player when clicking the stream >> button.
Other than that, it's pretty much worthless. One would think they would at least update their little service catalogue website at least.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Yes, but coming down hard on someone who floats a beta copy of something and it actually has problems like a beta copy is entitled to, is a bit much.

Yes, the Kmplayer is not too swift. I think that it's the only program I've used here that I have repeatedly been forced to delete because it got in the way of everything else.

And I was tempted to start a thread entitled 'Video Center Sux', but I thought better of it. The concept is admirable, and this version is better than the last.

But all the tech girls on the videos get tiresomer and tiresomer...

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
That's why you add your own feeds. Here's a good list. Most should work with either mplayer or media player. Xvid small works best if given a choice.

Agreed on the tech girls, Cari especially. Ugh.

Last edited by zerojay; 2007-10-04 at 02:48.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Greetings:

Have all these elements upgraded:

mplayer 1.0rc1-maemo.18.n770
vc-epg-widget 0.0.33
videocenter 2.0.41
videocenter-ci-plugins-base 0.0.16
videocenter-plugins 2.0.15

Even After a Reboot, VideoCenter does not load.

Can I open Xterm and then open VideoCenter to see what is wrong.

I don't know how to work Xterm.
Can someone tell me what string line I should write.

Regards Robert

I'm not sayng this to upset anyone, just to let you know, my Videocenter works perfectly. I don't think I did anything different than anyone else. I hope you can figure out what causes your to not work. It is one of the coolest apps.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
That's why you add your own feeds. Here's a good list. Most should work with either mplayer or media player. Xvid small works best if given a choice.

Agreed on the tech girls, Cari especially. Ugh.
Xlnt, Zerojay, thanks for this link. Just what I've been looking for. This will help till (if the catalogue gets underway.

BTW I found, thanks to a previous poster, that my audio podcast feeds work in VC as well. I added the feed to radiolab and voila, the whole list appears (gpodder was inconsistent)!

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
I don't understand either, but the people working on it said that it wasn't possible for some reason.
Until such time as it can download videos to an internal memory card, VideoCenter is 100% useless to me. Downloading to the device's internal memory will fill internal memory after just one or two videos. So it really must be pointed at a memory card, of which I only have one in the internal slot.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by cwichura View Post
Until such time as it can download videos to an internal memory card, VideoCenter is 100% useless to me. Downloading to the device's internal memory will fill internal memory after just one or two videos. So it really must be pointed at a memory card, of which I only have one in the internal slot.
So just move it to the external slot then?

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
So just move it to the external slot then?
No, because the external slot is reserved for "temporary use" situations -- e.g., putting a camera's card in it and then copying from the camera's card to the internal card.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
There was a thread once about increasing the cache size for either mplayer or video center or some such thing and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Anyone have a clue where it is?

Thanks,

Omega