this might be a better solution, although i use exchange to sync my google calendar so i dont know if i can do it.

hotmail imap settings iphone
NB: just what uncle google said, not tried it myself.

so you could just mark them as read on the browser ui and if its imap the changes will be in modest next sync, plus i think it can support folders too

EDIT:
but it works as ActiveSync, not as IMAP, so other IMAP clients that don’t support ActiveSync such as Thunderbird will not work.
no joy

1500 unreads atm

Last edited by mrexcess; 2011-06-20 at 03:55.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Wales
Originally Posted by mrexcess View Post
this might be a better solution, although i use exchange to sync my google calendar so i dont know if i can do it.

hotmail imap settings iphone
NB: just what uncle google said, not tried it myself.

so you could just mark them as read on the browser ui and if its imap the changes will be in modest next sync, plus i think it can support folders too

EDIT: no joy

wold help alot tbh 1500 unreads atm
Yeah. I'll sign in to exchange on my PC and see what if offers.

Edit: Just noticed your edit.

Nokia N900 - Kernel V47 OC'd at 1.15mhz, CSSU, BleedingEdge, 64gb, H-E-N.

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

If I help you somehow in a post then please press thanks next to it!

Message me @ Dale_Foster_1099@Hotmail.com
Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

Found this but not really a solve for modest app.

WLM.com

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

Originally Posted by Pyro1099 View Post
Found this but not really a solve for modest app.

WLM.com
symbian app i think

http://www.windowsliveformobile.com/...a/default.aspx

it points to ovi store and ovi store says no n900

Last edited by mrexcess; 2011-06-20 at 04:21. Reason: for gods sake will someone take away my edit button!

symbian app i think

http://www.windowsliveformobile.com/...a/default.aspx

it points to ovi store and ovi store says no n900
I had the N97 and it was horrible, anything Symbian is usually horrible.

Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong
Hi All,

I too am a long time Hotmail user (I have two accounts) and while I was originally going to link both to my Gmail and use IMAP to sync everything to my N900, I discovered that Microsoft actually added full support for Mail for Exchange (MfE) ActiveSync to Hotmail last year.

I used the instructions on this thread to set it up - http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ail+ActiveSync

I now have my main Hotmail account (contacts and email) automatically synced to my N900 every 30mins. The first time it synced I didn't encounter a problem with loads of unread messages, and now it automatically marks messages as read if I have already gone through them on a computer and vice versa for mail I read on the N900 first.

It has worked flawless for me for a while now, although I have heard some people have encountered some problems. One issue I do have is that the N900 only allows one MfE account, so I am using the Nokia Messaging service to get push email from my secondary Hotmail account. Although I had some reservations, it works well enough and I can't complain.

Hope this is of some help to everyone and let me know if you need any more info!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jerex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jerex View Post
Hi All,

I too am a long time Hotmail user (I have two accounts) and while I was originally going to link both to my Gmail and use IMAP to sync everything to my N900, I discovered that Microsoft actually added full support for Mail for Exchange (MfE) ActiveSync to Hotmail last year.

I used the instructions on this thread to set it up - http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ail+ActiveSync

I now have my main Hotmail account (contacts and email) automatically synced to my N900 every 30mins. The first time it synced I didn't encounter a problem with loads of unread messages, and now it automatically marks messages as read if I have already gone through them on a computer and vice versa for mail I read on the N900 first.

It has worked flawless for me for a while now, although I have heard some people have encountered some problems. One issue I do have is that the N900 only allows one MfE account, so I am using the Nokia Messaging service to get push email from my secondary Hotmail account. Although I had some reservations, it works well enough and I can't complain.

Hope this is of some help to everyone and let me know if you need any more info!
ahh good info thanks, although i cant use it cos im using mfe as a work-around to sync google contacts calendar etc

Is the Nokia Messaging service reliable?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong
ahh good info thanks, although i cant use it cos im using mfe as a work-around to sync google contacts calendar etc

Is the Nokia Messaging service reliable?
Really sorry for the late reply! In case you're still wondering, the Nokia Messaging service has been working pretty flawlessly for my second Hotmail account since I started using it nearly a year ago.

Email gets pushed to Modest on the N900 without delays and I haven't had any problems sending emails apart from one time when one didn't get through, but I think it was because of a connection/3G reception issue rather than Nokia Messaging/software.

:L 4 months isn't that late. I use Gmail now as a forward to address client from my Hotmail account. It makes thing easier. I've have started to like it a lot. It has so much more features than Hotmail. I still use my Hotmail account as main though. Just don't use it to read my emails.

Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099