Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
before i buy N9 i want to know if there will be a upgrade path to MeeGo 1.1 as its transitional OS and its successor will be out in 2 Months.
It's not that i require a OS upgrade to make me purchase the N9 its that i want Nokia to let us know where we stand from day 1 for once.

To Nokia Will there be official MeeGo 1.1 for N9 or will we have to rely on community builds?
simple question answered early will stop 1000 page threads of angry people.
I look forward to hearing the Answer at Nokia World or Hearing you dodge the question.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Size 360 x 640 pixels

destroys this leak for me.

though i bet it WILL look nearly identical to the n8.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
i think the hinge has been field proven in the n97 and n97 mini as very good engineering...
The hinge is indeed the only brilliant thing in that POS known as N97. Been hoping that Nokia would re-use it in something worth buying.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by vivainio View Post
I'm puzzled what you want in the end:

- DRM supported -> not open enough

- DRM disabled because you reflashed a custom image -> bad as well

Supporting DRM doesn't make anything less open - it means you have a feature you can use if you want. If you don't want to use the drm feature, live like you lived with N900.

Trust me, having DRM / trusted platform enabler will mean more software to be available for the device, with zero damage to open ecosystem. Unless you count pirates as part of open ecosystem...
If I can't reflash-and-have-DRM - then the original software is NOT open source. You just can't change anything or even verify that it is
an open source.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
While i'm all for the qwerty would be cool if the rumoured non qwerty version of N9 would end up looking like the design by community challenge where in the end after all the specs Nokia made mockup of how they device might look like.
I'm not entirely sure if you're serious, but just in case:

http://www.nokiausa.com/find-product...kia-n8/gallery

Edit: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to TheTree For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
The hinge is indeed the only brilliant thing in that POS known as N97. Been hoping that Nokia would re-use it in something worth buying.
I was actually wondering about the hinge in the N97, is it forced to tilt or can it lie flat if you want?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
i think the hinge has been field proven in the n97 and n97 mini as very good engineering...
... except when you slide the keyboard out and start typing. you can't see what's on the screen any more then. (at least that's how it is on the n97.)

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Yuck. I don't like it. I hate "chiclet" style keyboards. Don't like silver finish either.

Looks cheap to me. Like the Nokia Booklet.

Originally Posted by TheTree View Post
I was actually wondering about the hinge in the N97, is it forced to tilt or can it lie flat if you want?
forced tilt... it is awesome. for sure Nokia spent MUCH more time on that hinge than the software.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by TheTree View Post
"forced" to tilt - as all n9 protos leaked so far.

Last edited by HugoSon; 2010-08-19 at 19:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HugoSon For This Useful Post:

Tags
design, nokia n9