Closed Thread
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
And a quick note about the last two lines there.
Nicolai has rewritten both the "Display" and the "Notification lights" applets in Settings, at first glance, you won't notice any changes (after all, that's why they're "clones"), however, if you apply CTRL+SHIFT+R, then you'll see the applets are displayed properly now, I'll add portrait support to the control panel in a future update (need to check the rest of the applets that don't work).
Sorry if i sound a little dumb, but what exactly are we looking at here? I did not find any change even after pressing CTRL+SHIFT+R in these two applets.

Probably if somebody actually noticed the difference then they could post a screenshot.

Thanks.

After installing the SSU, i have noticed my phone handing a lot and going slow. It was fine initially but now suddenly it is very slow, high CPU usage, any one with similar experience

everything has been working fine for me so far, I even see better performances than before

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
Sorry if i sound a little dumb, but what exactly are we looking at here? I did not find any change even after pressing CTRL+SHIFT+R in these two applets.

Probably if somebody actually noticed the difference then they could post a screenshot.

Thanks.
You enabe the autorotation with CTRL+SHIFT+R. The portait mode is now working flawlessly for this two applets.

The Following User Says Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by HellDragon View Post
everything has been working fine for me so far, I even see better performances than before
...same here - the whole (OC to 900) device feels snappier - and my battery lifetime did improve a lot...
EDIT: still - using the device as a phone (I know the N900 is more than a phone) drains my battery the most – anything we could about this ?
Thanks again to the guys involved - keep it coming!

Last edited by HugoSon; 2011-02-15 at 07:45. Reason: EDIT

Originally Posted by Pillum View Post
the media player widget doesnt work with the new ssu anymore
I had this problem before -maemo11, but it is now gone. You on the latest version?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HugoSon View Post
...same here - the whole (OC to 900) device feels snappier - and my battery lifetime did improve a lot...
EDIT: still - using the device as a phone (I know the N900 is more than a phone) drains my battery the most – anything we could about this ?
Thanks again to the guys involved - keep it coming!
? Then use it as traditional phone. Do not use browser. Use only 2g connection. Donīt connect to wifi and do not use internet. Keep display brightness at minimum and put it on only when you are going to call and/or text message.

Also this forum is full of hints how to make it last little longer and of course our wiki is one place to look for too:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Make_your_battery_last_longer

Then again you have to remember that probably the maximum standby time you can get from it is probably 3-4 days

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by slender View Post
? Then use it as traditional phone. Do not use browser. Use only 2g connection. Donīt connect to wifi and do not use internet. Keep display brightness at minimum and put it on only when you are going to call and/or text message.

Also this forum is full of hints how to make it last little longer and of course our wiki is one place to look for too:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Make_your_battery_last_longer

Then again you have to remember that probably the maximum standby time you can get from it is probably 3-4 days
Sorry - seems like my statement was not clear enough; I use it - of course - as much more than just a phone. Using the CSSU my battery lifetime (checking my eMail accounts, surfing in the INet, etc.) did get better (and yes: having all the other tweaks in place regarding battery consumption) - still:
the most battery drain I can observe while using the device as "traditional phone" - therefore my question...

Last edited by HugoSon; 2011-02-15 at 09:56.

Originally Posted by Pillum View Post
the media player widget doesnt work with the new ssu anymore
it's working here

The Following User Says Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
@rotoflex,

and then we would continue to tap on what we want open, only to eventually figure out once we minimized in frustration, that we actually did open 50 other windows, showing the powerful multi-tasking ability to run that many windows simultaneously, and finally stop cussing because the damn thing was "working"

lol
That is not the mistaken impression the user receives when using the "Open Link in New Tab" function in the Firefox browser running on the N900. The new tab opens in the background, & a brief notification of "New Tab Opened" appears to signal that it has done so while the user continues on the original page. It is a matter of designing to fit operation.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade