Thread refers to discussion of this brainstorm:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...aviour_change/

At the moment when you click the back button in MicroB it brings up the browser history to scroll/flick through. This can be a bit time consuming when all you want to do is go to the previous page.

Proposed Solution 1:
The proposed solution is: Tapping the back button once goes to the previous page. Holding the back button for 2 secs brings up the browser history to flick through.

Proposed Solution 2:
In this solution the "Back" flick gesture (sliding your finger from right of screen to left) is changed to go to the previous page only. The back button is modified to bring up the browser history.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to double07 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Pressing backspace takes you to the previous page

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
Pressing backspace takes you to the previous page
I am aware but I don't want to flick the keyboard out everytime I wan to go back one page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to double07 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
I like solution 2.

But it seems a bit counter intuitive - you flick from right to left and page slides from left to right.

Maybe another gesture should be ADDED - flick from left to right to move one page in history. And if it would react as fast as flicking the desktop ;-) it would have huge "wow factor".

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by double07 View Post
I am aware but I don't want to flick the keyboard out everytime I wan to go back one page.
shortcutd ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=shortcutd ) lets you configure hardware keys (camera), proximity sensor etc for browser back function

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
Basically, this has already been fixed for the next major update. The back button on the toolbar will go back a page while everything else will remain the same.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7002

Last edited by unkno; 2010-02-10 at 06:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unkno For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
At the moment the button and the flick do the same but for some reason the button takes longer to load history than flick gesture (weird). with four in history the button takes a 1sec black screen the flick doesnt, so whatever is the difference dont touch the flick! having the button assigned as "back one page" is the best idea for closed keyboard as you dont have a button for it but two possibilities to go to history.... sounds weird and it is!

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
I like solution 2.

But it seems a bit counter intuitive - you flick from right to left and page slides from left to right.

Maybe another gesture should be ADDED - flick from left to right to move one page in history. And if it would react as fast as flicking the desktop ;-) it would have huge "wow factor".
yes, would LOVE if the browser kept the last few pages in memory (similar to Opera mini), or at least make it an option

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I agree with the basic proposal (quick access to back one page with closed keyboard). I also think we need a much faster back than we have available now. Even the keyboard backspace back is far too slow! Also, lets not forget that we are lacking a fast "forward one page".

Personally I would like to see dedicated Back/Forward buttons added next to the fullscreen button (which doesn't bring up the history view), this would be a better desktop experience IMO.

Example:

Prehaps they could be greyed out if there is no history in the direction they point.