Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
how do you change both primary and secondary ?

Originally Posted by sitoub_n82 View Post
Just like Kai_en changing both primary and secondary fixed the problem whether indoor or outdoor, or, stopped or in motion! I get a fix within 10 seconds :-)
Seemed to stop working for me for some reason, only worked for a day. I am really puzzled

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Jacksonville, FL
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
how do you change both primary and secondary ?
Unless I'm mistaken you need to change your primary server (supl.nokia.com) to supl.googl.com. And change the suplForced value from "false" to "true". Here's how you proceed:

1- Install N9 QTweak (on Ovi Store)
2- Activate Developer Mode: Settings > Security > Developer mode
3- Launch N9 QTweak (password: rootme)
4- Select Change GPS provider (Nokia/Google) by typing "G"
5- Type "2 4" then press Enter. Make sure there's a space between the "2" and the "4"
6- Tada!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to sitoub_n82 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Seemed to stop working for me for some reason, only worked for a day. I am really puzzled
Aye aye aye! Not good, you shouldn't have to but have you tried a restart? Also verify that the value of your suplForced is still "true" Mine still works fine but I'll keep on trying and report back!

Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
And still working here!

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Kallela, did they replace your mainboard and is the problem fixed now ? I brought my N9 to Nokia Care and got mainboard (piiri) replaced according to them but the problem still exist, no satellite fix no matter how long it search for.
Ok, I finally got this GPS problem solved. After four weeks of waiting, the service called me that my N9 cannot be fixed and I got a new device as a replacement. No GPS problems so far with it! It's now working as one would expect and no maddness in syslog either anymore.

As already said before, my problem was due to a faulty HW unit and was most likely else than most of the users have been reporting in this thread. No SUPL server tricks helped or anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kallela For This Useful Post:
Hello!
I have the same problem as you Kallela, no GPS, I have tried everything to get it work properly.
I brought my phone to the Nokia Service last week and I hope to get it fixed.

Good to hear that your problem got solved.
Now lets hope that I'll get as lucky as you

Kallela, I was wondering whether you had any problem locking outdoor previously? Because my case, outdoor no problem, indoor is a nightmare

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
and is this normal if gps never found my current location even it says 3 satellites work?

damn this the worst gps ever made, 2hours of waiting and n9 unable to lock my position, my samsung galaxy mini can do better than this,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
If I start the Drive app it takes forever to lock on the GPS signal with or without A-GPS, the MAP app is much faster but still ~5min to get a lock.

If I start Meefo then switch to Drive or Maps the GPS lock is instant.
On the vanilla fw(1.0) there was no problem with the GPS, well it was slow ~30-60s but not ridiculous slow.