Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jcm6084 View Post
What do we know about the video calling option?
is it just over 3G ,or is it integrated into all the IM clients? or if we are lucky even both?
There is a manual for PR1.2 online (thread somewhere in this forum), and they mention only "internet calls" there. So no regular video calls

Does flash in the browser work any better? do videos play smoother now or the same as before in the browser? is flash still the same version as before? thanx

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biggzy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Sorry all but I am a bit confused. As far as I am aware the browser can currently be rotated and there is already a back button in the browser

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by al678 View Post
Sorry all but I am a bit confused. As far as I am aware the browser can currently be rotated and there is already a back button in the browser
They are talking about native rotation in the browser rather than the current rotation, which does not give you the address bar and other buttons at the bottom right now.

In landscape mode, the back button takes you to browser history rather than to the previous page directly. That seems to have been changed now.

Last edited by navsin; 2010-03-22 at 17:50.

Originally Posted by al678 View Post
As I understand, the back button will actually take you back one page. Right now, it opens the history window.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by jcm6084 View Post
What do we know about the video calling option?
is it just over 3G ,or is it integrated into all the IM clients? or if we are lucky even both?
Skype isn't available on the SDK.
Google Talk has video calls
Not sure about 3G since there isn't any cellular modem to test.

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Not really sure how I can rotate the SDK screen
You can do it by making sure the MCE daemon is running, and sending a couple of Dbus calls. More info here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Using_Fremantl..._In_Scratchbox

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
Does flash in the browser work any better? do videos play smoother now or the same as before in the browser? is flash still the same version as before? thanx
Flash isn't installed on the SDK, so I can't check.
But even if it was, and flash 9.4 was installed, it would use the i5 CPU (overclocked to 3.20GHz) so it would play videos as smooth as my PC.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
did you see any changes in ovi maps?

Originally Posted by qole View Post
What would happen if you started Xephyr with portrait dimensions (480x800 instead of 800x480)?
Desktop starts in portrait mode, then tries to flip to landscape and fails, black screen shows (starting the browser alone seems to make it half work, site shows, UI doesn't)

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:

Tags
delete orangedouche again, delete post #205, delete post #225, maemo 5 sdk, pr 1.2, pr1.2