Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
hi folks ,i was planning to buy an android tablet ( cost is not more than a 100 $ ) which contains android 2.3.7.I really wanna know if this is a good idea or not.Other than that any one have any idea how to update / upgrade to 4.1.1 jellybean cuz mostly they dont come up with an upgrade option.So is there any one know of any good android chinese tablet which is good or which can be upgraded to latest software from time to time ?
thanks in advance if some buddy could really pour some light on it.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
...any good android chinese tablet which is good...
I dont think so
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by imo View Post
hi folks ,i was planning to buy an android tablet ( cost is not more than a 100 $ ) which contains android 2.3.7.I really wanna know if this is a good idea or not.Other than that any one have any idea how to update / upgrade to 4.1.1 jellybean cuz mostly they dont come up with an upgrade option.So is there any one know of any good android chinese tablet which is good or which can be upgraded to latest software from time to time ?
I recommend you SmartQ tablets. It's a chinesee brand, but it is made up from exactly the same components as European based tablet's. Omap4460+TF201'S screen. It's not cheap but has the newest firmware every time. Look at this. (It even has a ubuntu firmware) I have a T20 tablet and I'm more than hapy with it.

If you want cheap, then I would suggest adding an extra $50 to your budget for something with a little more oomph! and better spec. (I know you said below 100, but it can mean the difference between "cheap to buy" and cheap to make

>>And also, here's my obligatory HP Touchpad recommendation... http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...&_from=R40

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-11-04 at 14:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Also check Ainol Tablets. for about 110$ you will get Ainol Novo 7 elf 2 with dual core 1.5 ghz processor, dual core mali 400 gpu and 1 gb ram. i have used it my self. build quality is good and performance is great.

if you add another 10 or 15 $ you will get Novo 7 crystal with IPS screen and Quad core mali 400 gpu with Android 4.1.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by imo View Post
if u looking for under 100$ tablet u can buy a allwinner a10 tablet. not too good but for the price its best . Will cost u around 70-90$ for 20-30$ more u can buy an rockchip or amlogic dual core tablet. Just check any good chinese tablet seller site(there are many scam site so beware). Ipadalternative.com pandawill.com mcbub.com merimobiles are some i have heard of that are not scams.

Last edited by raaj13; 2012-11-04 at 14:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to raaj13 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
My experience with the one cheap android tablet I bought is that it was for the trash. I'd save a few more bucks and go for a used nexus 7. Guaranteed to get latest android for at least 2-3 releases and reviews are raving. I think it should be relatively easy to find a used 8gb one for $150 now that the new 16GB one dropped to $199

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
The problem I find with the very cheapest tablets is the screen. They are typically very poor quality TFT affairs that suffer from dreadful viewing angles and colour banding. This renders the tablet quite useless for typical use cases such as viewing media. I would recommend spending slighty more to get an IPS display.

As for upgrading, I think most of the cheap tablets can easily be rooted and upgraded using a custom rom, though I haven't yet found the time to root mine (Sumvision Cyclone Astro+, which came with Android 4.0).

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
>>And also, here's my obligatory HP Touchpad recommendation... http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...&_from=R40
I'll second the Touchpad. Not only you can dual boot Android with WebOS easily, every second developer has it so we can still expect many interesting things.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
^^^ And Ubuntu with chroot