Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
I miss that part that the forum is broken.. Don't know what is the reason.

Anyway i saw that there are others threads for jolla like http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2065

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
MeR being the meta-distro or "trunk", can be the central site/forum (xxxx.merproject.org) that links to all MeR-derived sites/infra/fori:

talk.sailfishos.org
talk.nemomobile.org
talk.plasma-active.org
etc.

Or if that's too cumbersome we could have:

sailfish.merproject.org
nemo.merproject.org
plasma.merproject.org

Or something like that...
Do we really need xxxx different forums? Better have one forum with better group/subforum and clean functionality?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
LOL Do you really have to ask that question?
Really don't know

Do you mean when elop kill n9?

Because i still coming here that time and saw a lot off activity

Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
About Nemo ... I ve tryed 5 days ago with last release on n950.

While the OS run well, they need help, the base apps aren't all features complete and stable ... (strange things happen in the email apps) ...

Some of my apps are already working for Nemo, was available on MeeGo COBS ... but as this one died, some dependancies died with it, like Pyside ...

Also nemo will problably switch soon to qt5 with wayland ... but PySide for Qt5 are far from being ready

Is there a community repo for Nemo Apps ? (feu apps.formeego.com) ?
I think pyside should be prioritised up by the community to get it ported. Is there anyone involved in that project? I dont have a clue how to make bindings python myself. But I use python alot myselft (not with Qt but...) Anyone knows if KDE community working on it?

Originally Posted by flotron View Post
Really don't know

Do you mean when elop kill n9?

Because i still coming here that time and saw a lot off activity
No I mean because there is plenty of trolling and crying, bashing. But hey lets keep this thread clean from THAT discussion. So fr this thread is clean so keep us ontopic

Originally Posted by abun880007 View Post
It is a shame that Jolla wont give us a copy of the latest N950 developer image they have of Sailfish. I bet that would help this process out a lot.

Jolla please help devs of N9.

Regards
abun880007
They are helping indirectly look at the http://github.com/nemomobile they contribute and alo "hobbyists" contribute all wins

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
I think chemist and flotron are right - TMO seems work rather well IMHO and no needless community fragmentation is needed

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
No I mean because there is plenty of trolling and crying, bashing. But hey lets keep this thread clean from THAT discussion. So fr this thread is clean so keep us ontopic
haha i know what i you mean now.. that kind of cryin babies.. where is my wazapp, where is my bla bla bla.. i know i know

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
I would change the structure of talk.mameo forum totally, so that all subforums of each generation are in the same category. Maybe some forums will be duplicated, but it wouldn't be so mixed up and old fanboys wouldn't be disturbed by new stuff happening.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Accra, GH
Well i like both the N9 and the N900, but i think they have outlived their usefulness.
The target now should be on Nexus 4 and Nexus 7, even Ubuntu is using that as the basis. The option is to hit a big and broad market and i think either we plan to do it on some of Nokia's new Lumia hardware or these new Android devices that we can easily find.esp the Google range of nexus devices

Rather than trying to go back to 2008 (N900) or 2011 (N9) hardware when there are newer and cheaper hardware with new SOC's that would benefit us in the long run

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
IIRC correctly it's an updated part with slightly better specs and a few net features, 65nm vs 45mn, pin and software compatible. N900 runs a 3430 while N9 has a 3630.

http://armdevices.net/2010/02/23/tex...45nm-omap3630/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jklubi For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish