Active Topics

Poll: What phone would you rather have?
Poll Options
What phone would you rather have?

N9, without doubt! USB mass storage, bluetooth, now flash, beats Skydrive anytime

I am rather enjoying my N9, and I came from an N900 that got stuck into a boot loop because the emmc was broken. Yes patience is a virtue with this device, but I love the enthusiasm and willpower of the N9 community(Some Nokia people still helping) in regard to making this device succeed and give it better functionality. It is a testament that we have the power to choose instead of pandering to the masses, There needs to be more colors of crayons in the box. It does everything I need it to do on a daily basis, and thanks to Vlad I can look at my standby screen anytime and see the weather I am not a compulsive phone buyer, which is why i keep my phones for a few years. This one will continue to get new apps, new updates, new features, and will grow through the years into a better device which keeps the interest in check. In the states there are new cell phone commercials every week. New tablets come out every freaking month. They want you to continue to spend your money to keep "up to date" with the newest gadget that has more features that are useless than worthwhile. But most people think they want and need it otherwise they will feel left out of the masses. I got the N9 because its one of a kind and it is not a bad piece of hardware either. There is never a best device out there because one or the other will always have something the other one doesn't. There will always be a compromise. I prefer to take the N9 and make it something that suits my daily life and get the use out of it I desire. Sorry for the long, long sentiment and I hope it was somewhat on the nose of the topic at hand

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
nokia want u to go with their wp, what a shame, silly game from nokia, well done

Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
txh,

i have each n9, and lumia 800, and i can not wait for luma 900!

my n9s(black,white64gb) are both collecting dust in my closet. lumia 800 is a joy to use with fresh, vibrant OS in windows 7.5. nokia is bringing updates out quite frequently for any issues which may become.

n9, just got boring to use. lumia 800 feels fresh everyday.
People who aren't as tech savvy should definitely go with the lumia, especailly if they think 'terminal' means part of an airport or the status of an illness.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemomd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
I have the N9 and extremelly happy with it, specially since PR1.2. But since I'm with Rogers in Canada, I'm also gonna get the Lumia 900 and give it to my wife (meaning I'm getting the Lumia 900 for myself and letting her make phone calls on it...lol) But I strongly doubt the Lumia will steal me away from the N9, im just getting it since im my renewal time anyways.
bro as u have used both lumia 900 and n9, i wil more than thankful to you if u let me know which set is better one!!!!

am currently having a N900, love to go with N9 bcoz
1) its mono body and curve screen
2) O-S os

but lumia 900 to succedds in 1st point, i.e mono body and curve screen!!!!!

so am bit confused, , ,

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
N9 of course !
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
One of my colleagues at work has a Nokia Lumia 800. The physical appearance looked very attractive to me. Good thing there's a Nokia N9...pretty much the same physical appearance, but with an "open" OS, like my Nokia N900. That would be my next device should I decide to buy. I still wished there was a physical keyboard though, it will require huge adjustment to use Terminal on a touch screen.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
N9, without doubt! USB mass storage, bluetooth, now flash, beats Skydrive anytime
now flash? as in flashplayer (adobe? like the n900?)

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
yes flash, but onlywork on Mozilla browser

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
guess we wont be getting it for the stock browser? (inception and all)
oh and id go with the n9 anyday...