Active Topics

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
For almost a week now I've been back to using my old 770, after my N800 stopped charging its battery, an I have to say that I'm stupendified.

My 770 runs an old version of ITOS2006 -- 1.2006.26-8 -- and an old version of Mplayer -- 1.orc1-maemo.18.n770 -- and it manages to play videos markedly better than my N800. I'm using Konttori's Video Converter (version 2.02) to encode Mplayer optimized videos for the 770 (at 400x240 resolution) and they play so much better than anything I ever played on my N800.

The only drawback is the storage on the 770, but 2 GB RS-MMC cards are turning up dirt.cheap these days, so that might work out. For those of you who are thinking about a tablet and will mainly use it for media playback (and ereading: FBReader works equally well on the 770), a 770 might be worth while. Sure, it's not as nice a screen as the Archoseseses (in theory they have the same resolution, but the 770 is limited to 400x240 playback at full framerate), but at the price the 770s are going on eBay, it's a positive steal.

Well, until I finally get my Pandora, that is...

Oh, mybe a nice trick for those among us who like to watch video in bed: the 770 has all its connectors on the bottom and especially the power connector has a flimsy feel about it (and after the problem with my N800 I'm not going to take chances with it anymore). I put on my slider backwards, but with two "spacers" tucked in between the bottom of the tablet and the bottom of the slider, that way the connectors are inside the slider and I can rest the tablet comfortably on the blankets. Ask for pictures if you0re interested but confused by my words.

[QUOTE=Karel Jansens;241042]

Oh, mybe a nice trick for those among us who like to watch video in bed: Ask for pictures if you0re interested [QUOTE]

you want us to ASK for pictures of you in bed???

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
[quote=flareup;241052][quote=Karel Jansens;241042]

Oh, mybe a nice trick for those among us who like to watch video in bed: Ask for pictures if you0re interested

you want us to ASK for pictures of you in bed???
Hey, whatever floats your boat. In any case, Shirley doesn't want pictures taken; she claims they make her fur look dull.

Shirley being a Jack Russell terrier with a permanent claim on the bottom half of my bed.

Obviously.

(Oh, and for future reference, I know it was done in jest an'all, but I really don't like it when people mess with my words. If you're going to quote out of context, it's considered nice to indicate where the cutting was done. Legally speaking, you're committing a crime here)

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post

(Oh, and for future reference, I really like it when people mess with my words. it's considered nice to quote out of context.
no probs, as you said, all in jest!

Originally Posted by flareup View Post
no probs, as you said, all in jest!
Please don't do that anymore.

Seriously.