Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I think most people should wait till .17. I gave up on .16 after about five minutes.

If you are willing to test and report bugs I would say try 0.16 so we can find any new bugs there are.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ italy
i used merinstaller to dualboot mer, but seems that if I use the 0.16 image, when I have to flash the bootmenu, the app crashes...i tried 5 times and it still crashes in that point...

what I have to do???

how can i flash directly mer with win7 64bit?

help please! I admire the Mer project and want to help testing it!!!

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil - Piracicaba/SP
pinguino89, what hardware do you have? n800? n810? smartQ???
did you follow all the instructions, have enough free space on internal memory?

i have an n800 and the internal memory is completely free (because before start i wanted to have a clear system, so i reflashed)

I followed the instruction of the "image installer" but changed the url from o.15 to 0.16...

the 0.15 installsf fine, but the 16 nope...

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil - Piracicaba/SP
see if you changed the 0.16 in the directory too in url description, besides that, see if you installed the correct modules for ext2 and ext3

yea changed, but the installation fails in the moment when it say "are you ready to flash the image?" of the bootmenu....i've already installed bootmenu, and crashes when i write "yes" then I press entrer....
but the installation of the image, goes well!

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
0.16 is a transitional release to 0.17 where we switch to the Fremantle hildon-desktop and our 'plain' desktop (based on qtablet) depending on GL ability.
Oh yes, baby, give me some of that qtablet goodness.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by pinguino89 View Post
yea changed, but the installation fails in the moment when it say "are you ready to flash the image?" of the bootmenu....i've already installed bootmenu, and crashes when i write "yes" then I press entrer....
but the installation of the image, goes well!
I ran into the same problem when installing 0.16. I dunno if its because I ran out of memory on the flash boot. And I think I've ask this before but, why does my flash memory go down each time I install mer? I go from having a fresh new flash install with 90 to 70 mb available to less than enough memory to boot after a few mer installs.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
If you are willing to test and report bugs I would say try 0.16 so we can find any new bugs there are.
I played a lot with 0.15 and it looked to me like 0.16 had the same bugs. No functioning control panel, for example, though there was a bit more. Few apps were even available, except installed thru apt-get install. I read the wiki docs and didn't see many guidelines. It seemed to install fine for me, but I didn't see much to really test, or know how to test it. All apps are installed in Extras, is that a bug that has been reported? It was true in .15 also, and I think it is known. I thought I had Midori to install, but when I went back to install it later, it was not there.

It seems to me most of the deficiencies of the current product are things you don't need to be told about because they are already clear.

I will try reinstalling it. If you have particular things you want tested, I don't know what they are.

geneven, I think you could turn that post into about half a dozen bug reports if you tried. Seriously.

Tags
mer, release