Notices

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ London
Swappolube is back!

Wicked!

can someone post a video demo of this? my phone is not with me, and i am very interested in seeing this. thank you in advance!

Makes it so fast it's almost telepathic.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Armand360 View Post
can someone post a video demo of this? my phone is not with me, and i am very interested in seeing this. thank you in advance!
You don't need a video demo; there is nothing to look at. You just choose checkboxes and easily change settings. Here is a screenshot.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
it seems that i downgrade my python right before it started working, anyone knows a command to upgrade it again ?

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
i wanna ask about somthng after i did the changes n i clicked apply n i restarted mobile,n opend the program again i found boxes uncheckd like i did nthn but the numbers changed as i did n when opend conky didnt find any change so why is tht ?????????????? am using swappolube version 0.3-1

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Portugal
Hi,

Has anyone run into problems copying large files on the device, in x-term while swappolube's proposed settings are in effect?

I'm picking up on the other poster's post about transmission stalling and hanging, because I suffered similar problems while copying a lot of files in x-term.
The phone would become increasingly less responsive and after a while become completely unresponsive and then reboot.
I tried with both the cp command and within midnight commander.

When I reset swappolube's settings to the default, the phone wouldn't reboot while copying the same set of files. Could this have something to do with write-back caching, or is this not implemented in the system?

silbah

The Following User Says Thank You to silbah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by silbah View Post
Hi,

Has anyone run into problems copying large files on the device, in x-term while swappolube's proposed settings are in effect?

I'm picking up on the other poster's post about transmission stalling and hanging, because I suffered similar problems while copying a lot of files in x-term.
The phone would become increasingly less responsive and after a while become completely unresponsive and then reboot.
I tried with both the cp command and within midnight commander.

When I reset swappolube's settings to the default, the phone wouldn't reboot while copying the same set of files. Could this have something to do with write-back caching, or is this not implemented in the system?

silbah
It looks more like the oom_kill_allocating_task is the problem here. Of course, I might be totally wrong..

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Saturn:

Have you thought about adding the Lennart Poettering's cgroup hack to .bashrc in Swappoluble?:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/11/16/392
Have to say that I'm not a hacker at that level and don't follow lkml.org, but if you tried it and you have seen something promising we can see how to bring it in.

cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
It looks more like the oom_kill_allocating_task is the problem here. Of course, I might be totally wrong..
Could be. But the phone would reboot instead of the task getting killed. Or could the reboot be a "collateral damage" of the x-term getting killed unexpectedly?

Tags
bada lubes, bada rox, swappiness, tuning