Posts: 61 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Fornaci di Barga ITALY
Originally Posted by houk View Post
The flasher is a command line tool, so you need to open the command prompt (cmd.exe) and from there execute the commands e.g:
Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin --erase-user-data=secure
Somethings didtn work...
i've double click exe. working 1 second then stop.
then open cmd (administrator permission) cd to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher. run the command in the first page (set PATH="C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher;%PATH%") then try to use the command flasher -i
didnt works. cmd says: "flasher" non è riconosciuto come comando interno o esterno,
un programma eseguibile o un file batch. (sorry it's italian)
seems like flasher not installed, right?

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Also, remember to use "cd /path/to/where/you/downloaded/flasher"

And, put the firmware images in the same folder as flasher, so You don't need to provide full path to firmware images.
i think i've have already did, right?

edit

if i write WinFlasher_3.12.1.exe instead flasher something appened

edit 2

i'll do. normal flash but i've to write WinFlasher_3.12.1. exe instead flasher dont kwno why but works thatk to all

Last edited by nessuno0986; 2014-12-17 at 20:14.

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico City
I bought two N9 phones from China for Xmas. They were supposed to be "original" and unlocked.

One phone has firmware Pr 1.3 (40.2012.21-3.249.1_PR_249)
This has Vodafone splash screen and my SIM doesn't work in it.

The other phone has firmware PR 1.3 (40.2012.21-3_PR_003)
and has Chinese programs. Yet, I can use my SIM card in this one.

Can I flash them with a global or latin american firmware?
Will flashing remove the Vodafone problem?
Attached Images

So, after doing a little searching, I found out that the code on one of the SIM holders is 808 RM-807 Product Code 059M7K7. That is why the holder seems to fat when inserted. It's very hard to insert and remove. It's not even for this phone. This also means I don't know the variant code needed for the firmware. Can I install these : DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.13-7.LTA_EMMC_LTA

DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM

RM696_059J260_40.2012.21.3_001.vpl

on these phones?

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Did you find out currently installed FW with 'flasher -i'?

Be careful flashing the chinese variant phone, as cmt (telephony) on these may not be downgraded. So could produce problems when flashing other FWs (lots of info/threads here).

For sure you cannot flash the global001 image at all. Downgrade is not possible.
For the PR249 variant phone you need to find a higher FW version (possibly Switzerland 480, my variant ).

Please inform yourself a bit more before flashing anything (as especially for the chinese one you may break something).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by raulito View Post
I bought two N9 phones from China for Xmas. They were supposed to be "original" and unlocked.
"Nokia Conporatino". Upside-down datamatrix 2-d code.... Original? Yeah sure!

As said already, forget what's written on the SIM holder and just use the 'flasher -i' command.
Probably it would be better to keep the one with 003 variant (i.e. Chinese) apart for now as you would need to flash the cmt, which isn't possible, and instead work on finding a FW variant suitable for the other phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
"Nokia Conporatino". Upside-down datamatrix 2-d code.... Original? Yeah sure!

Did not have a look at all to the SIM holder pictures.
But as this one is the 808 holder the phones itself may still be 'original' (a lot were produced in China).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

Okay, I have done a flash - i to both of the phones. Could someone send me an appropriate link from Mr.Crab.net of a FW I could load on this non-chinese phone to remove the branding and the SIM card problem from Vodafone?
Attached Images

The Chinese phone is below.
There is no way to change it?
Attached Images

Originally Posted by raulito View Post
Okay, I have done a flash - i to both of the phones. Could someone send me an appropriate link from Mr.Crab.net of a FW I could load on this non-chinese phone to remove the branding and the SIM card problem from Vodafone?
Okay, I have been reading all over this site and the internet about flashing. I understand about choosing a FW that is higher than mine.

The first page of this thread says:"Additionally, there is a content image ("eMMC image") for most countries/regions that can be used to reset the user data on the phone and restore the wallpaper/music/map files that originally shipped with it. It is possible to "mix and match" any content image with any main firmware image, which is useful for installing your home country's maps on an imported N9. If you don't require preinstalled maps, or if Nokia doesn't produce a content image for your country (e.g. US and Canada), you can save time by using the content image for product code 059J1Z5 ("rest of world"), which doesn't include map files."

So, my two questions are, if my firmware on the phone is DFL61_Harmattan_40.2012.21-3.249.1_PR 249,
can I use DFL61 HARMATTAN 40.2012.21-3.348.2 PR LEGACY 348 ARM RM-696 PRD signed.bin from N9 Rm-696 Country Variant Argentina Ar Black deepskd v4 --Product Code : 059L4L3 ? Does any of the "deepskd v4" mean something particular that I don't understand?

OR use the DFL61 HARMATTAN 40.2012.21-3.299.1 PR LEGACY 299 ARM RM-696 PRD signed.bin --from N9 RM-696 Country Variant Australia AU Black 16GB V1 - MR
Product Code : 059L698
?
Again, the V1 - MR confuses me. I don't want another "rebranding" of the phone.

Also, can I use the DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.13-7.LTA_EMMC_LTA instead of the one that is listed with the FWs?

Thank you in advance for your patience and reply.

You can fetch any/every/doesntmatter eMMC image you like and mix with every FW.

No idea about ,deepskd'.
But as the second one also has some nice addition and both are Country Variants I would not care.
A country variant is made to match all needs (possibly also restrictions!) of all providers in a country. So this verson will work in specified country for all providers. (it is not a global firmware, but close to that regarding the country)

About your chinese I would not touch it if it works for you. You may find a lot of info in this thread and also external threads about that problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
flashing, nokia n9