Notices

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by 0x47 View Post
NOTE: After optifying VCMI the installation path changed! Please move your Heroes 3 data files as described below.
You may want to look at my OpenDune packaging to see how it uses /home/user/MyDocs/Games/DUNE2 to store game data.
It's easier for the user to keep the game data on MMC.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
You could perhaps build with --prefix=/opt/vcmi
That should put everything under opt. (Haven't looked at the package though so maybe it's completely different...)
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Thanks, will consider to move everything to MyDocs later. I think having such a user warning/instruction thing that attila77 talked about is more important for now.

Also thanks for the --prefix hint, already did that.

As I had lots of stuff to do today (in addition to my absence), I just created the fixed, stripped and optified package. It should now be in the repos and work well. The data dir is /opt/vcmi/ as usual, but now the binaries and libraries are in there, too (to save space). I symlinked the binaries to /usr/bin/ so you don't have to care for anything. Just copy over your H3/WOG data as usual.

I also updated the small instructions post (link at my signature).

Got to get up early, so nighty night everyone!
  • For questions regarding VCMI features, a timeline, new releases and the like, please visit the VCMI board and their Wiki.

The Following User Says Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Thanks, will consider to move everything to MyDocs later. I think having such a user warning/instruction thing that attila77 talked about is more important for now.

Also thanks for the --prefix hint, already did that.

As I had lots of stuff to do today (in addition to my absence), I just created the fixed, stripped and optified package. It should now be in the repos and work well. The data dir is /opt/vcmi/ as usual, but now the binaries and libraries are in there, too (to save space). I symlinked the binaries to /usr/bin/ so you don't have to care for anything. Just copy over your H3/WOG data as usual.

I also updated the small instructions post (link at my signature).

Got to get up early, so nighty night everyone!
Just to say something to you 0x47, Tow dragon implemented a beta stage of scrolling in the last revision for us. When you have time, if you want it of course, you can go see it

http://forum.vcmi.eu/viewtopic.php?t...r=asc&start=30

Tow Dragon said:

"I've partially implemented support for screen scrolling in the newest revision. It works only for game setup menus and has some bugs, but it gives a glimpse of what could be done. To try it out, compile revision 1771 (or newer if my changes won't be reverted) and change pregameRes is settings.txt to 800x480 (or anything else). Screen will be scrolled when you put your mouse near top or bottom of the screen."

Good night

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SSLMM For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Hehe, I just read it myself (could not go to bed before checking vcmi forums). I'll update the package tomorrow, of course! Thanks for the hint tho...
  • For questions regarding VCMI features, a timeline, new releases and the like, please visit the VCMI board and their Wiki.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Hehe, I just read it myself (could not go to bed before checking vcmi forums). I'll update the package tomorrow, of course! Thanks for the hint tho...
Nice
Your welcome Always TRYING to help

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Is the directories /opt/vcmi/data (etc) or /opt/vcmi/HOMM3/data ?

Thank you! :-)

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Is the directories /opt/vcmi/data (etc) or /opt/vcmi/HOMM3/data ?

Thank you! :-)
/opt/vcmi/data

But you also need to put the folder "Maps", "MP3" and "picsall" in "/opt/vcmi/" in order to work

The Following User Says Thank You to SSLMM For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I did this in the terminal: (I left the data in the folder HOMM3 in the N900 32G directory)

cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/HOMM3/Data /opt/vcmi/
cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/HOMM3/Mp3 /opt/vcmi/
cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/HOMM3/Maps /opt/vcmi/
cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/HOMM3/picsall /opt/vcmi/

then vcmiclient...

it says cannot open /opt/vcmi/Data/VIDEO.VID
failed open file...

But I do put the folder there do I??

Confused...

Thanks in advance... :-)

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I did this in the terminal: (I left the data in the folder HOMM3 in the N900 32G directory)

cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/HOMM3/Data /opt/vcmi/
cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/HOMM3/Mp3 /opt/vcmi/
cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/HOMM3/Maps /opt/vcmi/
cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/HOMM3/picsall /opt/vcmi/

then vcmiclient...

it says cannot open /opt/vcmi/Data/VIDEO.VID
failed open file...

But I do put the folder there do I??

Confused...

Thanks in advance... :-)
Dude just use WinSCP(google it) to make sure you have copied all files and it will be fine

Tags
fheroes2, homm