Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
I'm getting ready to take a trip for a few days and was worried that my N800 battery was going to die before I could get a replacement.

Since I had a 2nd unopened N800, I thought that I could just snag the battery out of the uninitialized one and use it, but then came up with a better idea! Clone the second N800 to match my setup on the first.

Lacking the Linux skills to do this on a low level, I decided to first flash my second N800 with the latest Diablo OS and then restore from a copied back-up.

Everything went well until the N800 rebooted and asked for my security code. PANIC! My 9-digit code didn't work in the cloned unit. Had I "bricked" it?

Thinking that I might get lucky, I tried the default "12345" and voila! it worked.

Changing the security code to match I moved on to install various applications.

I was very surprised to find that the repositories shown in the Application Manager between the two N800s were different by about 3 entries. It took a bit of doing but I finally managed to get them synced up and all applications installed.

It's nice to have two of them charged up since I only get about an hour of straight surfing before I get the "LOW BAT" pop-up on each.

One drawback--using the RSS Feed Reader on the two units ensures that you get the same articles twice.

I'll keep this thread posted with my observations as I find them.

The Following User Says Thank You to rdcinhou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Why not clone first's OS to SD, then install bootmenu on second and boot from SD?