Active Topics

mine did the same and i had to reflash and reflash the emmc to fix it...

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Did you file a bug report in http://bugs.maemo.org? Maybe they can fix it...

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Kosova, Albania
Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
My N900 has been running with a 100% cpu for the past couple of days for some reason. I've been using htop to close the process called hildon-i-input-method, but it keeps coming back and drains the battery in a few hours. It also prevents me from using the symbols when typing. I'm leaving on a 1 week camp and i really need my phone to be working properly because i'm gonna be a superviser.
Could you please help me find the cause and fix the problem..

thanks in advance

*edit* I noticed it starts everytime I use the keyboard.

And its always "usr/bin/hildon-input-method"
I Solved this problem hildon-input-method error wasting my cpu:

So first i installed autocomplete editor.
2. Changed the dictionary into >> Settings>Text Input>Dictionary (from English USA to English UK) and then unchecked box autocomplete or word Completion
3.i just cleared my dictionary from xterminal (because my autocomplete editor application failed to read a dictionary so I thought it was corrupted)
4. i have found these commands in one thread RESET AUTOCOMPLETE DICTIONARY run these with sudo gainroot >> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36986
codes::
cd .osso/dictionaries
rm .used.dictionary
rm .personal.dictionary

5. repeated these commands 2 or 3 times with checked and unchecked box autocomplete option in settings>text input>> autcomplete box and rebooted my nokia n900 2 or 4 times
6. than just changed back my dictionary English UK to English US..
so this has solved my problem and now autocomplete works great and autcomplete editor now loads normally and i can change misstyped words and cpu is doing his normally job at 1GHz (overclocked and it works excellent)